Data Coordinator Ref No. DC/TB/31/10/22
Reports to SI Manager. The incumbent will take the primary role of managing data associates, ensuring that data is collected in a timely manner, and adhering to all data collection SOPs. In collaboration with Strategic Information Specialist, he/she will lead the development of SOPs and data collection timelines that feed into all reporting requirements.
- Works closely with data associates and facility-based staff to collect data timely, complete and accurate data
- Works closely with the facility staff to generate and submit weekly, monthly, quarterly reports as required
- Actively participates in adhoc data collection per programme needs
- Have a clear understanding of all data collection tools and reporting indicators
- Support facility level data review meeting
- Ensures timely collection of all database backups e.g. SmartCare TDB
- Ensures safekeeping, proper organization, filing and tracking of data
- Develops and performs weekly quality control measures; identify problems and provide feedback to Data control staff
- Responds to/resolve all questions/problems from data entry staff and communicate any pertinent issues to Superiors
- Plans and conducts data quality activities, and prepare data quality reports
- Maintains an accurate and current inventory of all computing equipment and supplies
- Mentors Data Associates staff on data collection and entry procedures and common data errors/problems within the clinic and at other sites as requested
- Conducts staff evaluations periodically as requested and management of leave for staff.
- Responds to verifications of collected data and provide feedback accordingly.
- Monitors backlog within the facilities and carrying out necessary action to clear such backlog if need be.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- 3 years minimum years of work experience
- Diploma in Information Management/Computer Science, M&E training or related field
- Experience and proficient working with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Experience working with electronic data collection tools like DHIS2, ODK, etc
- Experience managing staff and coordinating data collecting and reporting activities at facility level
- Experience working in a research or public health setting will be an added advantage
Please indicate district of your preference in your application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.