The USAID Zambia Integrated Health (USAID ZIH) project aims to improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality, client-centered HIV, TB/HIV, MNCH, and family planning/reproductive health services, products, and information.
The FP/RH and MNCH Advisor will report to the Senior Technical Advisor.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing leadership and technical guidance in the development of family planning, Reproductive Health and Maternal Neonatal Child Health program strategy utilizing cross-cutting approaches such as DSD models, performance, and quality improvement; and oversee its implementation in the focus districts at Provincial and District levels.
- Provides technical support and guidance to Provincial and District Officers to Increase coverage of comprehensive and client-centered FP/RH/MNCH services in focus districts.
- Works closely with provincial and district officers to Increase and monitor utilization of community and facility-based quality, person-centered integrated FP/RH/MNCH and HIV DSD services.
- Builds capacities for Provincial and District Health Officers (P/DHOs) to gradually transition DSD to quality integrated health services and sustain services beyond activity implementation.
- Leads and provides technical support to scale up of PMTCT/Paediatric HIV DSD interventions within MNCH programmes, including primary healthcare and communities.
- Provides technical leadership and oversight to advance access to FP/RH/MNCH services for adolescents and develop innovative DSD models to close the gap to service access.
- Collaborate with other key RH/FP/MNCH TA partners in the region and the country to leverage any resources; coordinate and harmonize plans for strengthening service provision at both provincial and District levels.
- Conduct sFP, RH, MNCH related research.
- Participates and takes an active role in the National Technical Working Group, framework reviews, guideline reviews and formulation and other national activities relating to FP, RH, MNCH and
- Prepares and submits in a timely comprehensive monthly, quarterly reports and annual reports.
- Degree in Nursing with recent experience in maternal health, particularly Family Planning/reproductive health or PMTCT programs (Masters degree in public Health or Nursing is an added advantage).
- 5 or more years of demonstrated experience implementing FP/RH/PMTCT programs at Subnational, and community levels.
- Previous experience with and understanding of MOH health care systems and community structure required to implement an integrated health program.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in regional and national programs and technical staff in the areas FP/RH/MNCH performance and quality improvement.
- Detailed working knowledge of technical guidelines, best practices, and innovations in FP/PMTCT and program approaches designed for DSD integration at facility and community levels.
- Demonstrated success in providing hands-on capacity building and technical assistance to health care providers and other stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of PEPFAR/MOH FP/RH/MNCH compliance
- Previous experience in conducting community-based interventions.
- Willingness to travel extensively in the districts of support.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However, onlys shortlisted candidates will be contacted.