TB/HIV Mentor Ref No. TB/TB/31/10/22
Reports to Medical Officer TB. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination of TB case finding and treatment activities and provision of TB technical support at district and facility level. He/she will work in collaboration/ liaison with the MOH district TB focal point persons.
- Serves as the liaison between CIDRZ and the District Health Offices as well as other implementing partners/stakeholders within the supported region on issues relating TB programming
- Supports the community partners to conduct contact tracing and defaulter tracing for both drug susceptible and drug resistant TB cases.
- Strengthens active TB case finding with completion of the TB diagnostic cascade at facility level
- Provides support to the effective referral system of tuberculosis and HIV patients to ensure integration of TB and HIV services within facilities
- Conducts supportive and supervisory visits to TB and HIV care facilities, prepare reports on supervisory visits, and provide remedial actions on constraints to the district and the facilities supported
- Participates in all TB and TB/HIV forums at local level and provide updates as required
- Works closely with the provincial and district TB focal point persons to organize and coordinate TB data review meetings.
- Supports TB training efforts at district and provincial level
Provides effective mentorship to clinicians and nurses on TB programming including on the high risk groups for drug resistant TB and the appropriate drug susceptibility testing (DST) for each of the high risk groups as identified in the current TB manual of Zambia.
- MDR TB surveillance- Tracking access to and results of the DST among the following high risk groups: contacts to MDR TB cases, retreatment TB cases, patients who develop TB on or after IPT and patients who are smear positive at month 2 or above during treatment.
- Supports facilities to conduct TB mortality audits
- Liaises with District TB/HIV staff, quality improvement focal persons, laboratory technologists and other key staff to support quality improvement projects in facilities with performance gaps.
- Supports improved use of TB reporting and recording tools
Compiles monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports as required in required formats
- Provides support for all aspects of data collection and reporting by all stakeholders, and help to identify barriers/challenges and work with the
- DHO and District TB/HIV Coordinator to address these in a timely manner
Supports drug surveillance and monitoring including submission of pharmacovigilance reports at facility level
- Works closely with the PPM coordinator to ensure effective linkages between public and private facilities
Strengthens entry, referral and exit screening in correctional facilities
- Diploma or Degree in a health-related field (Nursing or Clinical Medical Sciences)
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in the field of TB
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring and training HCWs at district and provincial level
- Basic TB/HIV Clinical training. Trainings in adult and pediatric TB and MDR TB will be an added advantage.
- Experience with recording, reporting and other monitoring and evaluation activities in TB programming
- Computer literate, with high competency in using Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good management and co-ordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and and communication skills
- Passionate about health-service delivery, and a desire to end the suffering of those affected by TB disease.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and pays attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English
Please indicate the district (s) of your preference on your application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.