Website Chemonics International Inc.
Development Works Here
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Position Title: Data Analytics Manager (1 Position )
Reporting: Senior Data Analytics Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Analytics Manager will develop and implement supply chain decision-making business intelligence systems. The manager will design data collection, storage, analysis, reporting, and security procedures. The role also includes developing management procedures to ensure the adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data.
- Develop and promote the usage of a data analytics platform using business intelligence (BI) software to enhance supply chain analytics and improve data visibility;
- Develop solutions for moderate to complex supply chain optimization opportunities and internal processes, as well as oversee cross-directorate data analytics projects as needed;
- Provide support in managing security mechanisms and data access governance;
- Develop and implement efficient procedures for data management and analysis with attention to all technical aspects to ensure accessibility, reliability, and timeliness of the data for its users;
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data by eliciting and gathering requirements from technical teams within the organization, and organizing, analyzing, translating, and simplifying the requirements;
- Monitor analyzed information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways to improve and enhance (new technologies, upgrades, etc.);
- Manage the creation and dissemination of reports and performance dashboards;
- Create and enforce guidelines for effective data management;
- Collaborate with the IT unit to ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses.
- Supervise data analysts under his/her responsibility. Develop roles and responsibilities, design and monitor professional development plans, conduct annual performance appraisals, develop SMART goals, and periodically monitor progress towards objectives;
- Collaborate and coordinate with different teams to determine requirements for data warehousing, reporting, and analytical solutions;
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build a culture of “Living our Values” within the team;
- Understand and adhere to established policies and procedures and promote them throughout GHSC-PSM staff;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor of record.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or any Quantitative discipline required; Master’s or other advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience working in business intelligence development, strategic planning, and data management experience required;
- Highly proficient in utilizing SQL Server technologies, Python, Power, etc. to manipulate, arrange, query, and present data;
- Experience with complex problem solving, to include data manipulation, assessing data quality, data modeling, statistical analysis, and reporting;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an Analytics Manager position or similar role is required;
- Results-driven and able to handle multiple projects;
- Experience working with large, complex data sets to support the implementation of data solutions that help predict, improve, and measure the success of key supply chain outcomes;
- Demonstrated ownership and leadership of analytics and/or data deliverables;
- Ability to respond in an effective and timely manner;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Experience managing and leading a team;
- Tech-savvy, with excellent troubleshooting skills.
Location of the assignment: Lusaka
Complete the form provided via a link and upload the relevant documents by 5pm on Sunday August 7, 2022. Please clearly include the position in the subject line of your application letter. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.