Website Chemonics International Inc.
Development Works Here
Chemonics International Inc., Contractor for USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) ensures uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM develops and manages a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position of:
Position Title: Logistics Officer (1 Position )
Reporting: Distribution and 3PL Specialist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Logistics Officer will support the Distribution and Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Specialist by coordinating the execution of Purchase Orders and vehicles mobilization with the 3PL subcontractors and the Zambian Medical and Medicines agency representatives. The Logistics Officer will be responsible for tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) data as well as 3PLs related incidents.
- Coordinate closely with the 3PL representatives stationed at the Hubs to actively track the execution of distribution plans in line with the Purchase Orders (PO) issued:
- Track the truck positioning times with reference to the pre-alerts;
- Track vehicle Loading times;
- Track Offloading times.
- Ensure that the live distribution trackers shared by the 3PL subcontractors have the correct information,
- Ensure that the 3PL KPIs Master tracker is updated in a timely manner,
Track and record truck usage data,
- Actively track and escalate unutilized 3PL PO lines,
- Actively track and record all 3PL related incidents,
- Record the tripartite 3PL meeting minutes and share with stakeholders,
- Other activities as assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Diploma in logistics or related field required,
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working in supply chain management (preferably in public health),
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills,
- Good problem-solving skills,
- Demonstrated versatility and integrity,
- Fluency in English.
Location of Assignment: Lusaka
Complete the form in the link by 5pm on Sunday September 18, 2022. Please clearly include the position in the subject line of your application letter. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.