Chemonics International Inc
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project seeks to fill the position of Procurement Officer to support the GHSC-PSM project in Zambia.
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and provide health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
With 100+ staff across five offices around the country, this diverse and complex program sets out to strengthen capacity of GRZ to develop sustainable systems that ensure availability and security of vital and essential health commodities through (1) increased data availability and use for informed supply chain decision making, (2) improved quantification procurement planning and coordination processes, (3) provision of cost-effective, reliable international and local procurement services, (4) improved efficiency in warehousing and distribution by Zambia Medicines and Medical Supply Agency ( ZAMMSA), and (5) increased strategic management and planning by Ministry of Health for improved commodity security. The project seeks to recruit (on a one-year contract renewable) for the following position:
Position Title: Procurement Officer
Reporting to : Infrastructure and Subcontracts Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that all regulatory requirements (e.g., ADS) and procurement regulatory requirements (e.g., FAR and AIDAR) are met in a satisfactory and professional manner;
- Guarantees that solicitation-based procurement files are maintained in a current and complete manner, and are audit-ready at all times;
- Assist the project procurement process at all levels, including paperwork, purchasing, and providing periodic status reports to the Subcontracts Manager;
- Ensures that activities of procurement-related deliverables associated to subcontracts are achieved on schedule, in accordance with approved specifications and within the allocated budget;
- Assist the Infrastructure and Subcontracts Manager in setting up and monitoring the BPAs;
- Assist the proper marking of equipment and project-related deliverables in accordance with USAID regulations and in consultation with the Infrastructure and Subcontracts Manager;
- Ensure that the vendors or contractors are fully compliant with the project, USAID, or contracts’ terms and conditions;
- Assist in preparing RFQ/RFP; receive proposals, prepare spreadsheets for cost and tech evaluation documents;
- Solicit quotations and make purchases based on project and USAID policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely delivery of all goods and or services of the projects;
Closely liaise with and provide all necessary assistance to the Infrastructure and Subcontracts Manager;
- Perform other related tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies:
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience; procurement and contract management experience preferred;
- Should be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS)
- Experience working on donor-funded development projects, and with USAID programs specifically, is preferred;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of USAID regulations, including U.S. government regulations for compliance and oversight;
- Written and spoken proficiency in English;
Location of Assignment: Lusaka
Complete the form no later than COB Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 17 00 hours. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Note that Chemonics International Inc. does not charge recruiting fees to hire staff and that doing so would be a violation of our anti-trafficking plan.
To apply for this job please visit chemonicsinternationalinc-hpajs.formstack.com.