Website Chengelo School
Outdoor Instructor Opportunity at Ndubaluba Outdoor Centre: Explore, Grow, and Make a Difference!
Are you an adventure enthusiast with internationally recognized qualifications in Climbing, Paddle Sports and Hiking? Are you a committed Christian with a heart for outdoor adventure programs and missions? Join our team in Zambia, where you’ll find a unique opportunity that combines adventure, personal development, and a sense of purpose.
We offer Instructors the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Package: Your 2-year renewable contract includes a monthly salary, medical cover within Zambia, generous leave and return flights home at the start and end of contract, along with coverage for work permit and visa costs. Receive a 25% gratuity bonus at the end of your contract, acknowledging your commitment and contribution
- Program Variety: Engage in a range of on-site and off-site programs catering to school groups, offering diversity and excitement in your role.
- Multicultural Environment: Immerse yourself in a multicultural setting, working alongside a diverse team of staff, including locals and individuals from around the world.
- Christian Growth and Outreach: Experience a supportive environment for Christian growth and outreach, integrating faith into outdoor programs and fostering a sense of purpose and community.
- Unique Centre: Join a well-established and truly unique outdoor centre that pioneered outdoor learning in Zambia and continues to contribute to Zambians with a positive and impactful reputation by providing a varied, distinctive and enriching experience.
- Generous Time Off: Enjoy 8-10 weeks of paid holidays, allowing you ample time to recharge, explore Zambia, and visit its many fascinating places and cultures.
- Opportunity for Growth: Take advantage of a dynamic environment that encourages personal, spiritual and professional growth.
- Job Security and Continuity: Linked to a well-established private school, enjoy the stability of job security, support, and continuity in programs as you work with learners from the school on a regular basis.
- Zambia’s Warm Hospitality: Experience the warmth of Zambia, a friendly country with a rich cultural tapestry and numerous interesting places while on programs or during holidays.
- Inclusive Accommodation & Provided Meals: Enjoy on-site accommodation inclusive of water, electricity and cleaning service with at least one full meal a day during term time, allowing you to keep your expenses to a minimum and make the most of your time.
- International Team: Collaborate with an international team, creating a vibrant and dynamic work environment that promotes cross-cultural understanding.
More information about the Centre can be found on our website: www.ndubaluba.org
We require the following minimum requirements to join our team:
- Internationally Recognized Qualifications: Hold internationally recognized qualifications in Climbing and Paddle Sports as a minimum requirement. Additional relevant qualifications such as Hiking, Mountain Walking, Duke of Edinburgh, Gorge Walking and Wilderness First Aid are desirable.
- Experience: Have at least 2 years of experience working with young people in an outdoor education or adventure learning context.
- Commitment to Christian Values: Be a committed Christian with a heart for Christian Outdoor Adventure Programs and/or missions.
- Physical Fitness: Be fit and active in the outdoors, ready to take on the challenges of outdoor adventure programs. Applicants must be able to swim at least 50 meters in open water.
- Driving Skills: Hold a relevant valid driver’s license.
- Clearance: Have a valid police clearance without a criminal record.
- Single: We are looking for a single unmarried person for the position as the accommodation provided is not suitable for a couple or family.
If you meet these requirements and are ready to embark on a journey filled with adventure, personal growth, and making a difference in the lives of others, send your CV together with a covering letter and proof of qualifications to [email protected]
The successful applicant is expected to start work on the 1st May 2024.
Applications close on the 2nd of February 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information and interviews.
Chengelo School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to Satisfactory professional registration check, police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidate’s eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.