Chete C Bakery Ltd
Chete C Bakery, a business start-up is looking to hire an experienced bakery Supervisor to supervise our baking staff and manage all bakery operations. The bakery Supervisor’s responsibilities include maintaining accurate financial records, balancing sales, hiring suitable bakery staff, and ensuring that purchases are done on time. You should also be able to discard stale or spoiled bakery items and markdown goods nearing their expiration dates.
To be successful as a bakery Supervisor, you should demonstrate excellent management and problem-solving skills. Ultimately, an outstanding Bakery Supervisor should be able to achieve exceptional customer and enforce staff compliance with food health and safety regulations.
Bakery Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the bakery is adequately stocked with quality baking ingredients and supplies.
- Ensuring that the bakery and its outlets are well stocked with products all the time.
- Ensuring that waste is eliminated on products and ingredients.
- Ensuring that baking tools, utensils, and equipment are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Will ensure that the bakery grows and expands.
- Developing and implementing advertising and marketing strategies to attract new customers.
- Creating suitable work schedules for staff members.
- Appraising staff performance and carrying out the necessary disciplinary measures to address poor performance.
- Conducts weekly evaluations and action plans
- Compile reports, sales turnover, and sales mix Manages, restaurant stock level according to laid down procedure (ordering, receiving, stock control and stock takes)
- Training staff to produce high-quality bakery items while following proper food handling procedures.
- Ensuring sales are accurately captured on the POS
- Monitoring and controlling of stock movements in and out of storage facilities.
- Strategically arranging bakery items in display cases to encourage customer purchases.
- Inspecting bakery items to ensure that established standards on quality, uniformity, and aesthetic appeal are met.
- Resolving customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Taste and evaluate all items
- Should be able to work with diverse personalities and be a team player.
- Should be a self-starter and work with minimum supervision.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- A certificate or diploma in Business administration or Diploma in a hospitality course would be an added advantage
- 5 years and above experience in hospitality industry at Supervisory level preferred.
- Must be organized and efficient with great people skills are required, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to drive a manual distribution Truck
- Must have a passion for the industry and must be willing to work long hours.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Must be able to lift and move heavy objects and be able to stand for long periods.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application together with the CV. The CV must have three independent reference contact details for previous employers / training institutes. Also include relevant academic / professional certificates. You can apply through email email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 9th November 2023.