Website Social Impact
Chief of Party, USAID Evidence for Health, Zambia
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing a proposal for an upcoming, five-year, USAID-funded monitoring and evaluation activity in Zambia focused on the health sector. The purpose of the activity is to provide the USAID/Zambia Health Office, implementing partners, local partners, and the Government of Zambia stakeholders with improved data systems and utilization. The project is anticipated to being in April 2018.
SI is seeking a Chief of Party to oversee and lead all program activities and deliverables of the monitoring and evaluation program in Zambia. This position will be full-time and based in Lusaka, Zambia.
**Please note: Local candidates are encouraged to apply **
- Oversee all technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, provide central oversight, and maintain acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Zambia, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting evaluation and performance management tasks.
- Advise and educate a range of stakeholders, including other partners, contractors and USAID on policies and services offered by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of evaluation and performance management support activities tasks.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including reports.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge to local staff.
- Recruit and supervise the team of expatriate staff, expatriate short-term consultants and local staff, in consultation with Social Impact’s HQ Project team.
- Advanced degree in public health, international relations, economics, public policy, management, or related field required.
- Minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible experience on project management on M&E focused programs.
- Technical knowledge and experience in the design, implementation, and management of monitoring, evaluation, and performance management, including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, performance reporting, evaluation design, evaluation planning, and management and dissemination of evaluations.
- Previous work experience with PEPFAR 3.0 and SIMS highly desirable.
- Demonstrated familiarity with health management information systems highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple components simultaneously, multifunctional teams, international personnel, host country government relations, and client satisfaction.
- Previous experience working closely with local government partners across all levels to accomplish project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with other USG or donor-funded projects.
- Knowledge of USAID project cycle, managing USAID contracts, agency policies, regulations, and monitoring and evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in report writing and providing quality report and evaluation presentations.
- Advanced communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in Zambia or region strongly preferred.
- English fluency required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=1634 →