Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) seeks applications for Chief of Party (COP) for the USAID Stop GBV Now. Employment of the selected candidate will be on condition of successfully winning the bid, and approval of the candidate by USAID. The COP is a critical position and requires an exceptional individual who can provide expert overall leadership, management, and vision to the Stop GBV Now program. The COP will have overall responsibility for coordination of the project staff and coalition partners. The project will be in 26 districts and 9 provinces and the place of work for the COP will be National Headquarters in Ndola.
Overall tasks and responsibilities:
- To provide vision, leadership, management and direction
- Provide high level oversight to program activities
- Strategic Thinking: Apply organizational knowledge
- Key liaison with USAID
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Program Managementto achieve the objectives
- Oversight of Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Commitment to Staff Success and Development
- Oversight of Finance
- Representation and Diplomacy
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in social science, public health or other relevant master’s degree.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated successful leadership in managing large, complex, donor-funded programs within non-governmental organizations in a developing country context, especially USG-funded programs.
- Experience in Gender and GBV programming and implementation.
- Demonstrated strong leadership of community level projects, strong in communication and interpersonal skills. Vast experience in managing big teams.
- Demonstrated success in liaising with partners and relationships among a variety of organizations/ institutions including private sector, local NGOs, and community-based organizations.
- Demonstrated experience working with Government of Zambia, Traditional authorities.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing USG rules and regulations related to USAID grant management, sub-contracting and reporting requirements.
Applications with detailed CVs and minimum 3 professional referees must be received by 12th May, 2023. Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage. Please submit to these emails: [email protected], with copy to [email protected] and [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.