EMPLOYMENT OFFERED – CHIEF RISK OFFICER
The following position is vacant in the Risk and Compliance Department
Job Title: Chief Risk Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
To oversee and direct the development and implementation of the risk and compliance management frameworks, and organise specific business unit risk management activities into an enterprise risk management system.
Incumbent will deal with the accountabilities as outlined below and others as may be assigned:
- Responsible for the periodic review of effectiveness of bank-wide risk management framework and policy framework together with businesses.
- Defining the process for risk appetite development within the Bank.
- Responsible for ensuring that there is an adequate risk infrastructure including limit structure, methodologies and management information systems.
- Responsible for developing the Risk Committee pack and regular senior management briefing packs that summarise all key exposures across the Bank.
- Responsible for reviewing the relevant monthly and quarterly risk report produced by market, credit and operational risk prior to distribution.
- Responsible for ensuring adequacy of the compliance framework for all relevant requirements as prescribed by the Banks regulators,
- Responsible for ensuring that processes for risk identification, measurement and management are in place and escalation of issues for all types of risks from all sources within the bank.
- Responsible for consulting and advising on actions to address significant risk issues and events, table recommendations to the risk committee for approvals.
- Responsible for approving risk managers and analysts’ appointments and evaluation of overall team performance
- Carry out other tasks as maybe assigned.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Social Sciences or related field
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Must have a clear understanding of current Banking Rules and Regulations
- Significant senior level risk management experience in banking, preferably in a market or credit risk environment.
- Must have at least ten (10) years working experience, three years Of which must be at senior management level
- Awareness of Compliance and Regulatory environment, leadership and management skills;
- Organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information
- Computer and numeracy skills, with strong skills required for MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels;
- Must have high integrity and must be approachable
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Banking environment
- Working experience of dealing with Bank customers
- Experience in dealing with Senior/Executive Management
- Experience of presenting to and communicating with senior management and the Board
All applicants MUST have a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae. All applications should be sent by email to [email protected] not later than Tuesday 18 April, 2019, clearly indicating in the subject line the role being applied for. Candidates need not to attach their academic certificates at this stage. ONLY
SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.