Website Children International Zambia
About Children International
Children International (CI) is a global non-profit organization whose vision is to bring people together to end poverty for good. Its mission is to connect people around the world in the fight to end poverty. Working together, we invest in the lives of children and youth, build the healthy environments that they need to thrive, and empower them to create lasting change in their own lives and communities
Reports to Program Manager
- Develop the annual work/implementation plans for the strategic objective or programmatic pillar, in line with the Agency’s program quality principles, standards and best practices, through participatory program planning.
- Provide technical and methodology guidance and undertake capacity building of field officers/social workers on program guidelines, protocols, processes, and standards.
- Undertake periodic reviews of the Strategic Objective programmatic offering at field sites to track timely program activity implementation and adherence to established processes, standards, and procedures. Ensure that reflection and learning properly accompanies program activities throughout the program cycle.
- Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local program stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the program team to mobilize local actors and promote program activities and impact.
- Facilitate, complete and send reports on all program activities and ensure all required documents are submitted as per agency and donor requirements, in coordination with all incumbents.
- Promote reflection and learning opportunities on Strategic Objective programmatic results and improvement areas.
- Look for and implement strategic partnerships related to the programmatic area of focus.
- Strictly observe confidentiality and strong ethics with respect to all beneficiary information/data.
- Comply with and ensure adherence to the agency’s policies, safety and security protocols and child safeguarding norms and guidelines by self and all other stakeholders both internal and external
Participatory Program Planning and Development
- Research and keep updated on local, national, and international child and youth development trends in area of focus (depending on the position – education, health, employment, empowerment, etc.), to incorporate -when useful- in the planning, development and implementation of various child/youth programs.
- Design and plan the strategy behind the programs under their responsibility, according to strategic guidance from CIKC and in partnership with the Agency Director and Program Manager.
- Prepare, in consultation with the Community Center Coordinators/Area Coordinators, Program Manager and Agency Director, relevant program work plans and financial plans of the Agency’s programs, using a participatory approach, in accordance with prescribed Agency or CIKC formats, tools, systems and requirements.
- Develop, update or revise program implementation resources including implementation guidelines, workflows, policies and instructions, MOAs/ MOUs, communication templates, data sources, modules/ training curriculum, IEC materials, reporting templates, and other activity implementation documents.
- Prepare training modules, facilitation guides and resource material for capacity building of field mobilisers, social workers, program officers, and program facilitators.
- Work with regional program lead and co-facilitate training/capacity building programs for field mobilisers, social workers, program officers, and program facilitators.
- Institute program control measures by periodically comparing the plan/ target versus the current/actual status, so that preventive and corrective actions can be taken when there are deviations/ variances in the target beneficiaries, schedules, and costs.
- Undertake regular field visits across all centers and provide supportive technical feedback, coaching and mentoring to facilitators, field mobilisers, social workers, youth members, program officers, etc., for implementation of program activities in line with agreed work plans and budgets.
- Coordinate to ensure volunteers are identified and regularly mobilized for sustainable support in the program(s).
- Facilitate -when necessary- coordination of individuals and teams involved in program implementation with key partners and stakeholders
Documentation and Reporting
- Utilizing prescribed Agency or CIKC tools and systems assess, reflect on and drive real time reporting of the work on ground to their Reporting Manager or SO Lead, including a critical assessment, reflection as well as recommendations for improvements.
- Drive, in collaboration with the MEL coordinator, implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation processes to track, identify and assess the strengths of the intervention and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with the MEL Coordinator and IT Department in the development of databases and electronic M&E tools by providing active support during testing and sharing feedback and learnings related to the program(s).
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of all Mid-Year Reports, Year-End Reports and other program progress reports in accordance with prescribed CIKC templates, systems, policies and requirements. Also, respond to other requests for additional information or clarifications as and when required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KEY SKILLS
- A bachelor’s degree in related discipline/field (such as development, social work, education, health, etc.) with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience, of which at least 2 have been in a similar role and subject matter.
- Demonstrated experience in developing modules for and conducting capacity building/training.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders (government and non-governmental), using effective tools like participatory action planning and facilitating community engagement.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English and local language. Good research, documentation, and reporting skills.
- Have good computer skills, specifically MS Office.
- Possess good interpersonal skills with the proven ability to deal tactfully and build effective relationships with people across levels, both internally and externally
- Is self-motivated and proactive with a high level of compassion, empathy, integrity, and passion to work on complex social causes, especially the cause of children and youth.
- Actively pursues learning and self-development; seeks feedback; modifies behavior considering the right feedback.
- Believes in collaboration and teamwork.
- Resilient to change and can manage change effectively within the team.
- Has proven ability to deal effectively with and resolve conflict and confrontation.
In addition to the above the following are highly desirable in the ideal candidate:
- Experience in project management as well as monitoring projects and collecting relevant data
- Familiarity with other advanced computer and analytical tools
- Understanding and ability to converse in other local languages, if applicable
Travel Requirement: Willingness to travel around 40% of their time
Children International firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, caste, gender, sexual orientation, creed, disability etc. Our talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to promoting diversity within the organization, alignment to our vision, mission and values as well as protecting children and vulnerable youth from abuse and exploitation
Children International – Zambia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers, and associates to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subjected to appropriate screening and satisfactory references prior to appointment
To apply send a cover letter, cv and professional qualifications addressed to: “The Talent Growth Manager” at [email protected]