Website Children International Zambia
About Children International
Children International (CI) is a global non-for-profit organization whose vision is to bring people together to end poverty for good. Its mission is to connect people around the world in the fight to end poverty. Working together, we invest in the lives of children and youth, build the healthy environments that they need to thrive, and empower them to create lasting change in their own lives and communities.
A. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/SCOPE
- Assist in planning and implementation of all activities and tasks of the Sponsorship Program Department.
- Quality, focused and timely review and tracking of necessary documentation / correspondence required for strengthening the bond between sponsored children and their sponsors, through letters, photos, social child/family records and various reports
- Effective, accurate, efficient, and timely documentation and record keeping in line with all sponsorship protocols, policies, and guidelines.
- Nurture critical stakeholder engagements (internal and external) that support effective implementation of the sponsorship program.
- Strictly observe confidentiality and strong ethics with respect to all beneficiary information/data
- Comply with and ensure adherence to the agency’s policies, safety and security protocols and child guarding norms and guidelines by self and other stakeholders both internal and external.
- Be non-discriminatory and respectful in relating with people especially the sponsored children/youth and their families, volunteers, staff, and other stakeholders
A. DETAILED ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
a. Planning, Capture, and Organizing
- Participate in the community center’s program implementation, planning sessions/activities.
- Plan and prepare Annual Calendar of activities.
- Responsible for the collection and timely fulfillment of the SR products.
b. New Registrations and Notification
- Identify sectors/areas for registration. Coordinate effective registration processes.
- Conduct meetings and home visits with applicants and interviews to validate child /family’s eligibility for enrollment in the program.
- Carry out processes associated with child registration (including data collection, photo taking and document scanning) Inform families once they are confirmed participants in the sponsorship program. Facilitate signing of the agreement documents with the family and distribution of IDs.
c. Community Mobilization and Stakeholder Engagement
- Recruit volunteers for sponsorship requirement activities. Onboard and train volunteers.
- Facilitate and coordinate community meetings, sessions, assemblies with beneficiaries, parents, and volunteers.
- Facilitate coordination with partner local government units, schools, and community organizations for resource support.
a. Ongoing Sponsorship Program Implementation and Documentation
- Prepare all documentation associated with sponsorship requirements.
- Closely monitor all pending compliance requirements as well as track deadlines, balances and follow up through home visits.
- Implement all documentation (in line with organizational directives and policies and protocols.
- Actively coordinate, participate, and share best practices for all SR activities.
- Provide feedback report (using home visit form) and assessment reports with recommendations on how to manage children who are not meeting the requirements
- Notify final list of children who are graduating from the program and facilitate submission of Final Thank you letters.
B. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KEY SKILLS:
- University Degree in Social work or Development Studies are the relevant discipline preferred, with at least 2 years of work experience.
- Possess good interpersonal skills with the proven ability to deal tactfully and build effective relationships with people across levels, both internally and externally
- Experience in data tracking, review, and record management
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as documentation and reporting skills in English
- Good computer skills specifically MS Office Respectful and helpful with the proven ability to deal effectively with conflict and confrontation.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a high level of compassion, empathy, integrity, and passion to work on complex social causes, specially the cause of children and youth.
- Actively pursues learning and self-development; seeks feedback; modifies behavior considering the right feedback
- Believes in collaboration and teamwork
- Resilient to change and can adapt to change effectively within the team
- Has strict attention to detail and ability to work under minimum supervision
In addition to the above the following are highly desirable in the ideal candidate
- Past experience of working with a sponsorship-based organization
- Experience of monitoring projects and collecting relevant data
- Ability to converse in local language, if applicable
Travel Requirement: Willingness to travel as required, depending on spread and distance between community centers and the Agency’s central office.
Children International firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, caste, gender, sexual orientation, creed, disability etc. Our talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to promoting diversity within the organization, alignment to our vision, mission and values as well as protecting children and vulnerable youth from abuse and exploitation
Children International – Zambia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers, and associates to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subjected to appropriate screening and satisfactory references prior to appointment
To apply for this position email your details to the “ Talent Growth Manager” at : [email protected]