Website Children International Zambia
Position: Sponsor Relations Field Officer (6)
Reporting To: Community Centre Coordinator (Administratively)
Sponsorship Relations Manager (Technical)
Contract Type: Fixed-Term
Location: Kanyama, Chibolya, George Service Areas – Lusaka.
A. ROLE SUMMARY
The incumbent of this role is responsible for implementing, monitoring and evaluating (with minimum supervision) the sponsorship program and the sponsorship relations products for a specified number of sponsored participants within a given area of responsibility. He/she will also participate in program planning and ensures timely, full (100% of benefits and requirements) and effective implementation, administration, delivery and completion of sponsorship program benefits.
B. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/SCOPE
The Sponsor Relations Field Officer’s primary accountabilities are:
- Assist in planning and implementation of all activities and tasks of the Sponsorship Department.
- Quality, focused, timely review and tracking of necessary documentation/ correspondence required for strengthening the bond between sponsored children and their sponsors through letters, photos, family records and various reports.
- Effective, accurate, efficient, timely documentation and record keeping in line with all sponsorship protocols, policies, and guidelines.
- Nurture critical stakeholder engagements (internal and external) that support effective implementation of the sponsorship program.
- Strictly observe confidentiality and strong ethics with respect to all beneficiary information/data.
- Comply with and ensure adherence to the agency’s policies, safety and security protocols and child safeguarding norms and guidelines by self and other stakeholders both internal and external.
- Be non-discriminatory and respectful in relating with people especially the sponsored children/youth and their families, volunteers, staff, and other stakeholders.
Children International – Zambia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, volunteers and anyone affiliated to Children International to share this commitment. Background checks will be required.
C. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KEY SKILLS:
- Full Grade 12 school certificate.
- University qualification in Social Work/Development Studies or any relevant discipline, with at least 2 years of work experience.
- Posess good interpersonal skills with the proven ability to deal tactfully and build effective relationships with people across levels, both internally and externally.
- Experience of monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience in data collection, tracking and review and record management.
- Experience of working with a sponsorship-based organization will be an added advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as documentation and reporting skills in English.
- Good computer skills specifically MS Office.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a high level of compassion, empathy, integrity, and passion to work on complex social causes especially the case of children and youth.
- Respectful and helpful with the proven ability to deal effectively with conflict and confrontation.
- Actively pursues learning and self-development; seeks feedback; modifies behavior considering the right feedback.
- Believes in collaboration and teamwork
- Resilient to change and can adapt to change effectively within the team
- Has strict attention to detail and ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to converse in local language.
To apply send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] not later than 27th July, 2022.