Small family in Lusaka seeking an experienced and qualified chef to prepare healthy meals and occasional entertaining of guests. Must be able to cook Zambian, Continental and International cuisine (Chinese, Italian, Seafood, Diabetic meals would be an added advantage) for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Being able to manage and lead the entire cycle of the kitchen is important.
- Help construct menus ensuring uniform serving sizes, variety, and quality of the servings
- Prepare weekly meal plans and market list, taking note of available stocks; purchase groceries when necessary
- Hands-on cooking and food preparation
- Maintain inventory of food and supplies
- Check freshness of food and ingredients
- Maintain hygienic work areas of cleanliness and functionality
- Oversee the work of housemaid with regards to maintaining clean kitchen and surroundings, laundering tableware, dishcloths, etc.
- Prepare healthy meals in consideration for lean, low fat and low sodium diet
- Comply with sanitation regulations and COVID safety standards.
- Must be good with children and work well in a team
- Must be able to speak English and read and write well
- Must be able to plan and execute original recipes for soups, salads, sandwiches, entrees, deserts and baked goods
- Must be certified in Catering or Food Technology
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience working as a Chef.
Job Experience Requirements: Have at least three (3) years’