Chlroride Zambia Limited
Chloride Zambia Limited, a company dealing with distribution of automotive and solar batteries, wishes to employ a Systems Administrator to start work immediately. The successful individual will be expected to protect all critical information systems and assets, provide training, and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy.
Our ideal candidate should be passionate about applying his/her skills to technology-based business model that creates real-world solutions for the organization.
- To effectively manage the company’s Management Information Systems (MIS).
- To effectively install, configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure.
- Ensuring that the system hardware, operating/software systems, and related procedures adhere to organisational values.
Duties and responsibilities
1. IT & DATA PROCESSING
1.1 Installs new/reconfigure existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, directories, storage, in accordance with IT ART standards.
1.2 Develops and maintains system standards.
1.3 Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
1.4 Performs daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as daily back-ups.
1.5 Creates changes and deletes user accounts as requested for both Enterprise Resource Planner Email Servers.
1.6 Repairs and recovers from hardware or software failures, coordinate and communicate with impacted user departments.
1.7 Applies OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and configure or add new services as necessary.
1.8 Performs backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and data are successfully backed up to data tapes, recovery tapes are created, data tapes are recycled and sent for off-site safe keeping after month end.
2. POLICY AND IT BUDGET FORMULATION
2.1 Prepares proposals for the formulation of consistent and appropriate IT procedures and systems throughout the company procedures, systems and controls to adhere to generally accepted MIS practises.
2.2 Reviews and recommends amendments from time to time.
2.3 Monitors the implementation of IT policies,
2.4 Contributes towards the formulation of IT policies.
2.5 Prepares and implements the company’s ERP procedures and systems.
2.6 Reviews and maintains the control systems constantly.
3. ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES
3.1 Avails information or data requested by auditors.
3.2 Raises CAPEX forms for IT hardware to be purchased.
3.3 Ensures that all users adhere to the IT policies in place.
3.4 Allocates the company’s IT resources including IT equipment and access levels.
4. HEALTH AND SAFETY
4.1 Participates in health and safety programs at the workplace.
4.2 Ensures that departmental SHE procedures are adhered to all times.
4.3 Carries out all SHE activities as recommended for the smooth running of the department.
5. Any other duties assigned by seniors.
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Degree in IT Systems from a recognised University
- Knowledge in SAGE X3 Systems, a must
- At least 2 years work experience.
- Ability to solve problems in stressful situations
- Good communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to explain technical concepts to inexperienced users
- Good time management skills and prioritization
- A clear understanding of client/server technology and network architecture
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Customer service and interpersonal skills
If interested, please send your updated CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 8th March, 2023