Christian Blind Mission
This role is responsible for routine financial management activities of CBM Christian Blind Mission and supports the Finance Manager to develop and implement sound, effective and efficient financial management system across the organisation and with Partners.
Country Office finance management and controls
- Contribute to ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- Ensure that payments are made on timely basis following laid down financial regulations as per CBM and other applicable Donor policies governing payables;
- Assist the Finance Manager with the day-to-day financial operations of the Country office;
- Record petty cash float which is administered by the receptionist or office administrator, assist with procurement analysis as required from time to time;
- Submit monthly Financial reports to the Finance Manager for review, consolidation and finalization;
- Submit on a monthly basis Country office cash flow projection in liaison with the Finance Manager;
- Ensure efficient and timely posting of transactions in the accounting system in good time for the Finance Manager to prepare month end close journals, reconciliations and any other financial reports before due date;
- Provide guidance to the entire team on charging relevant expenses to their respective codes and budget tracking of both program and admin budgets
- Provide Custody of office inventory and ensuring proper disbursement records are maintained;
- Obtain quotes and pro-forma invoices from vendors as directed by the Finance Manager and Country director, including ensuring that CBM procurement procedures are adhered to;
- Act as focal point for all procurement of furniture, equipment and services for the Country office and ensue items received are well documented;
- Ensure that any purchase, lease or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals;
- Maintain a CBM country asset register and inventory, in line with CBM or donor requirements, as applicable;
- Ensure the preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting,
financial and contractual documents in conformity with CBM procedures;
- Work with the Finance Manage to ensure compliance with in-country financial regulatory requirements.
Liaison with Partners:
- Contribute to the Monitoring the use of financial resources by partners in compliance with CBM financial policies, standards and procedures; and with specific donor requirements and contracts;
- Contribute to periodic audits or spot-checks of partner financial management and control systems;
- Assist with enforcing partner delivery of timely, complete and quality finance reports in line with External Donors and CBM’s requirements, including annual financial statements;
- Verify quality and provide feedback to partners.
- Contribute to maintain database of partner reporting records.
- Report to the Finance Manager on critical finance issues, and engage actively in the resolution of these issues;
- Contribute to monitoring cash balances with partners;
Budgeting and planning
- Contribute to the annual and multi-year budget process with partners, in line with CBM’s budget guidelines.
- Contribute to the development of the budget component of projects
- proposals, ensuring all costs are accounted for and maximum costs are
- Contribute to the reparation of all aspects of the annual Country Office budget.
Bank & Cash
- Official Bank Agent for the Lusaka office- responsible for banking & cashing of cheques;
- To be responsible for preparation of cheque & petty cash payment
- Support preparation of management accounts
- Prepare accurate and timely periodical donor reports
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of annual accounts.
- Support the Finance Manager in coordinating the annual statutory and project audits
- Contribute to timely reporting to the Finance Manager and the Country Director in line with established reporting requirements.
- Contribute to regular budget monitoring reports (budget vs. actual expenditures) and other financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with in-country statutory accounting and reporting requirements.
- Participate and actively contribute to learning platforms in the country and at the regional level within CBM as needed;
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Finance Manager and the Country Director.
- Diploma in Accounting (ZICA, ACCA Part II /CIMA Part II or equivalent);
- Minimum of 2 years practical Accounting experience;
- Registered with ZICA;
- Proven experience of working in teams and strong inter-personal skills;
- Excellent computer skills including Accounting Software, spreadsheets (ideally MS Excel) and –word processing (ideally MS Word);
- Excellent written/oral communication & listening skills;
- Competent numerically;
- Strong sense of personal integrity and ethical conduct
- Self-confidence, maturity & ability to co-operate with a wide variety of people;
- Initiative, creativity & flexibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines;
- Able to travel away from workstation regularly;
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- Ability to take initiative and work in teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Financial Experience and knowledge of Zambian tax laws and experience working with an International NGO preferred
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
If interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Application deadline: December 28, 2020. Role will require an immediate start in January 2021.