Christian Blind Mission
1. About CBM:
Christian Blind Mission is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
2. Core Purpose:
Acts as Programme Officer in a Country Office:
Is accountable for implementing programme components of CBM’s Country Plan in line with the Federation strategy and in close collaboration and coordination with relevant Initiatives, Member Associations and partners. Works closely with local partners and stakeholders to ensure all CBM programming and reporting requirements and that CBM also meets its partnership commitments.
The job holder is responsible for the planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the CBM Programmes in Zambia as aligned with the Country Implementation Plans and CBM Federation strategy. The job holder is also responsible for national level advocacy, alliance-building and networking.
3. Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience:
- Relevant university degree in social sciences, health sciences, project management, economics, business administration, or related field.
- Professional experience of 5 years in a national or international NGO with a track record in successfully managing inclusive eye health and/or community based inclusive development programmes in collaboration with national partners.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Experience in managing institutionally funded projects, including consortium led projects.
- Experience in evaluation and strengthening of quality and effectiveness systems
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and programme finance management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
- Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors.
- Proven good organizational and coordination skills as well as a high level of autonomy and flexibility.
- Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Experience of working with persons with disabilities, lived experience with a disability or promoting disability rights will be an added advantage.
- Commitment to CBM’s mission, vision and values.
- English (professional proficiency)
- Local Language – (professional proficiency / advantageous)
- Good knowledge and experience of using MS Office (particularly advanced Excel skills and Outlook)
Project planning and review tools
5. Main Activities:
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation
- Quality Management
- Achieving results
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
If interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Application deadline: December 28, 2020. Role will require an immediate start in January 2021.