Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Church and Community Mobilization Facilitator
Reporting to: Church and Community Mobilization Coordinator
- Work with LWI partners and local churches to implement project experiences in line with Integral mission.
- Implement the FLOURISH approach in WASH community development
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of TOTs on CCM and H&S trainings
- Ensure proper capacity building of TOTs and local pastors in Oral Bible Storying techniques;
- Ensure compliance with LWI requirements for program management i.e. Sales Force, quarterly reports, monthly reports, project specific reports, donor reports and MSC stories.
- Implement and ensure compliance to the LWI global quality standards
- Ensure that all LWI quality standards are followed for all CCM Activities
- Participate in program development activities e.g. Assessments, baseline designs and evaluation.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- Diploma in community development / social studies / theological training or a related field
- Proven experience working with churches and communities to develop strategic missions
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in community mobilization.
- Knowledge and application of tools and methods that support Church and Community Mobilization
- Microsoft, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in both English and vernacular (Such as Nyanja, chi-chewa)
- Implementation, Facilitation and People management skills
- Public Relations & networking
- License to drive a motorcycle and manual vehicle is preferred
- A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
- Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 1st Sept 2020 17: 00 hours, Zambian time
- LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
- We encourage you to visit our website: www.water.cc for more information about our work.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.