Website Ciheb Zambia
Improving the human condition globally
Ciheb-Zambia is a non-profit local Zambian organisation supporting Ministry of Health to scale up comprehensive HIV prevention and testing services and find the best solutions to life threatening situations among communities in Zambia.
This position will be responsible for creating awareness about the program, mobilizing community support, and advocating for the rights of the target populations. This role requires a deep understanding of social sciences and the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to diverse audiences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement communication strategies to promote awareness of the program goals and objectives.
- Create engaging content for various platforms including social media, website, newsletters, and press releases.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including community leaders, government officials, NGOs, and media outlets.
- Organize and coordinate events, workshops, and campaigns to mobilize community support and participation.
- Conduct research and analysis to identify advocacy opportunities and develop evidence-based advocacy initiatives.
- Represent the organization at meetings, conferences, and other relevant forums to advocate for the rights of our target populations.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure alignment of communication and advocacy efforts with program objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of communication and advocacy activities, and prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, English, journalism, public administration, social sciences or a related field.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the non-governmental organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex ideas clearly and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing communication strategies, including digital and traditional media channels.
- Knowledge of advocacy principles and techniques, with experience in designing and implementing advocacy campaigns.
- Strong analytical and research skills, with the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data to inform advocacy efforts.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to promoting social justice, human rights, and empowerment of marginalized communities.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and ethical conduct.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to project sites as required.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Submit your Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees and cover letter on or before 7th February 2024 by using the link below.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.