Website Ciheb Zambia
Improving the human condition globally
Ciheb-Zambia is a non-profit local Zambian organisation supporting Ministry of Health to scale up comprehensive HIV prevention and testing services and find the best solutions to life threatening situations among communities in Zambia.
We are seeking a dedicated Gender and Inclusion Officer to join our team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in ensuring that gender and inclusion are integrated into all aspects of the program, with a particular focus on addressing the unique vulnerabilities of adolescent girls, young women, and key populations. This role requires a deep understanding of gender dynamics, intersectionality, and inclusion principles, as well as experience working with marginalized communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies to mainstream gender and inclusion across all program activities, ensuring that they are responsive to the needs and priorities of adolescent girls, young women, and key populations.
- Conduct gender and inclusion assessments to identify barriers and opportunities for marginalized groups to access and benefit from program interventions.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to program staff and partners on gender-responsive programming and inclusion principles.
- Design and facilitate trainings, workshops, and sensitization sessions on gender equality, women’s rights, and other relevant topics.
- Work closely with community leaders, local organizations, and stakeholders to promote gender equality, social inclusion, and diversity within project implementation.
- Advocate for the access to health rights and needs of marginalized groups, including adolescent girls, young women, people with disabilities, and other key populations.
- Collaborate with monitoring and evaluation teams to collect and analyze sex-disaggregated data and ensure that gender and inclusion indicators are integrated into program monitoring frameworks.
- Support the development of gender-sensitive communication materials, advocacy campaigns, and messaging to raise awareness and promote behavior change.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends, research, and best practices in gender and inclusion programming, and contribute to the adaptation and refinement of program strategies.
- Prepare regular reports, case studies, and success stories highlighting the impact of gender and inclusion initiatives on program outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, women’s studies, social sciences, international development, or a related field.
- A master’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on gender equality, women’s empowerment, and social inclusion initiatives, preferably in the context of international development or humanitarian programs.
- Deep understanding of gender dynamics, intersectionality, and human rights principles, with a commitment to promoting gender equality and social justice.
- Experience working with marginalized communities, including adolescent girls, young women, people with disabilities, and other key populations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify barriers and develop innovative solutions to promote inclusion and gender equality.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, with the ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders and facilitate participatory processes.
- Proven ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel frequently to project sites and work in remote and challenging environments.
- Commitment to the organization’s values and principles, including respect for diversity, integrity, and accountability.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- High level of integrity, professionalism, and ethical conduct.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to project sites as required.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required. Knowledge of other languages spoken in the program area is an asset
Submit your Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees and cover letter on or before 7th February 2024 by using the link below.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.