Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: School Principal
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position Class Teacher.
Reporting to the School Principal, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Plan programs and develop learning and assessment strategies that are consistent with the school’s beliefs about teaching and learning practice.
- Understands the cycle of teaching, learning and assessment. Promotes inquiry-based learning.
- Experience working with Early Learning Years (ELY) learners preferred.
- Develop her own teaching approaches and techniques that maximize students’ learning opportunities and achievements for recording student outcomes.
- Provide an appropriate role model in language, dress, attitude, enthusiasm and standard of work.
- Assist in the professional development of national and non- national staff as required.
- Build positive relationships with children, colleagues, families and community.
- Attend and participate fully in the school’s professional development program.
- Provide regular operational reports to enable effective management of the key performance indicators.
- Accountable for completion of all tasks identified in the Management Operating System (MOS) to the specified quality and timelines as assigned to this role
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job procedures for all tasks performed within the function.
- Work with the School Principal to achieve targets in conjunction with the daily, weekly and monthly school plans that correspond with the annual production target.
- Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education
- Significant experience (3-5 years) in an International School or with the Australian curriculum
- Sound understanding and experience of mining school environment preferably
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the school community.
- Ability to coach and mentor others to develop their potential.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated professional work ethics and standards
- Flexible, resourceful and a willingness to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to contribute to extra curriculum areas such as Physical Education and Sport.
- Has experience with teaching younger children.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.