1. Assistant Accountant
We are looking for a result driven Assistant Accountant to undertake the following responsibilities:
Prepare bank deposits
Processing expense requests
Maintaining the company purchase and sales ledgers
Perform bank reconciliations and other reconciling tasks as needed
Issue invoices to customers
Liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers
Updating and maintaining procedural documentation
Assist with the preparation of financial statements and reports
Maintain accuracy and organized financial records and documents
Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies
2 years plus
Diploma in Accounts, ACCA II , CIMA II, ZICA II or its equivalent
Sage Pastel Partner Version 19
Knowledge of Sage Pastel Partner Version 19
Excellent numerical and analytical abilities
Work with minimum supervision
2. Automotive Mechanic
We are looking for a result driven Automotive Mechanic to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Conducting general maintenance and service of trucks
- Engine overhauls including overhead adjustments, engine brake installations and adjustments and fitting engine accessories and repairs
- Carry out certification of fitness inspections and repairs
- Attending to vehicle breakdown
- Clutch installation and removal including gearbox and differential unit
- Attending to pneumatics and hydraulic problems;
- Carry out brake overhaul
- Gearbox and differential trouble shooting and minor repairs
- Rear and front suspension repairs
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Perform other tasks as may be required by the Workshop Supervisor or Manager
- Certificate in Automotive and Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician/Mechanics or any related field
- Trade test and craft certificate in Automotive Electrical will be an added advantage
- At least two years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Must possess a comprehensive mechanical know how and understanding of heavy-duty trucks with particular experience working with Mercedez Benz Trucks
- Physically fit and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- A good team player.
- Ability to follow processes and procedure.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure the highest accuracy.
- Willing to work overtime at short notice, and able to meet tight deadlines.
3. Truck Driver x2
We also seeks to recruit two (2) suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the positions of Truck Driver.
Job Purpose: To drive an assigned Institutional motor vehicle for the purpose of transporting materials/personnel to required destinations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To deliver and collect materials to or from specified locations as instructed;
2. To conduct pre-shift checks of the vehicle to ensure that it is in sound operating condition and compliant to all road traffic regulations before driving it;
3. To report faults/ defects/ accidents in a timely manner in accordance with the ERB Transport policy;
4. To alert the Workshop foreman when the vehicle assigned is due for service;
5. To conduct minor repairs to the vehicle assigned such as changing brake pads, oil, filters and light bulbs.
6. To keep an up-to-date record of travel on a daily basis by making entries on trips in the vehicle log book;
7. To ensure that the assigned motor vehicle is kept secure at all times;
8. To undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor Minimum
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent
- A minimum of SADC ‘C’ Driver’s License.
- Ability to drive manual vehicle a must
- 5 years driving experience (heavy duty trucks)
- At least two (2) years driving experience in an established Institution, an added advantage
- A certificate in Mechanics, an added advantage
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and write reports
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Confidentiality
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Applicants must submit soft copies to [email protected] or hard copies of application letter, current Curriculum Vitae, certified photocopies of relevant academic and professional qualifications no later 19 January 2023.