cconnectzambia Click and Connect
1. POSITION SUMMARY
Job Title: General Manager
Reports To: The Company Owners
Direct Reports: 4 Staff Members in the Zambia Office and Processing Agents in the UK and USA
2. ABOUT THE COMPANY
Click and Connect Ltd is a privately owned small business involved in the online shopping/ecommerce and shipping business with offices in Zambia, UK and USA. It was originally part of Dot Com Zambia Ltd- but split in 2018 to become its own privately owned entity
3. JOB PURPOSE
The General Manager shall act on behalf of the owners to develop and successfully implement the corporate strategy, marketing plan growth plan of Click and Connect. The General Manager shall also provide overall oversight and leadership of the company and will be responsible for the performance and management of Click and Confect’s business to maximise Shareholder Value and observing obligations to all its stake holders.
Click and Connect has been operating for over 4 years and now requires a General Manager in order to create a more competitive high growth company in the ecommerce and logistics business environment.
4. KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake a detailed diagnosis and SWOT analysis of the current business of Click and Connect.
- Undertake a detailed diagnosis of the business, financial and operational processes of Click and Connect and thereafter implement radical improvements.
- Prepare a comprehensive Corporate Strategy and Marketing Plan with clear goals and targets to ensure long term viability and sustainability.
- Identification of strategic partnerships/linkages on existing business in order to achieve exponential growth;
- Preparing monthly/quarterly reports to the Owners/Stakeholders on the progress with the Corporate Strategy and the Marketing Plan.
- Procure relevant licenses in order to operate as a fully independent online/ecommerce business with minimal reliance on third party service providers.
- Management and engagement with key stakeholders such as ZRA, PACRA, ZICTA, external auditors, and all relevant regulatory and licensing agencies.
- Ensure annual financial audits of the company are undertaken and that all tax obligations and statutory obligations are paid and are up to date.
5. KEY RESULT AREAS (KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS and ACCOUNTABILITIES )
Corporate Strategy and Marketing Plan
- Development and implementation of the Corporate Strategy and Marketing Plan.
- Ensure that goals and targets as set out in the Corporate Strategy and Marketing Plan are achieved.
- To ensure that the company is positioned to be the leading provider of online ecommerce and shipping business in Zambia.
- Improve the existing financial management systems by ensuring that all revenues and costs across the entire value chain are properly captured and reported using the existing accounting package.
- Prepare the annual budget to support the Corporate Strategy and Marketing Plan and ensure that it is strictly adhered to.
- Create and implement clear internal financial procedures and guidelines supported by the existing accounting package.
- Work with external auditors to ensure that financial accounts are finalized and presented to the Board in a timely manner.
Business and Operational Process Improvements
- Improve and create new business and operational processes across the entire value chain using the latest ecommerce business applications.
- Create best industry standard operational guidelines and ensure that they are implemented throughout the company’s value chain.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure that an implementation plan outlining activities and output targets with estimated costs is developed to operationalize the Corporate Strategy and Marketing Plan.
- Ensure that performance against plans are undertaken and reported to the Board on a monthly/quarterly basis.
6. ESSENTIAL/DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE
a) Professional Qualification:
- Grade 12 Full Certificate or equivalent
- A degree in any business related course or other relevant field;
- Advanced training in ecommerce/online/ freight forwarding business using the latest applications will be an added advantage.
- Membership of professional body such as ACCA, CIM, ICTAZ, ZIM etc. will be an added advantage.
b) Minimum Relevant Work Experience:
- 5 years’ post qualification work experience at management level in a logistics and/or online business environment either in Zambia or abroad.
- In-depth understanding of the Zambian, regional and international logistics, freight forwarding, and ecommerce online business environment
- Excellent commercial and business acumen and sound understanding of the macro economic environment
c) Skill Specifications:
- Highly conversant with modern computer applications in Accounting, ecommerce, Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point,) and other Applications for monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Relationship building and stakeholder management;
- Excellent communication skills; oral, written and presentational;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good interpersonal skills.
7. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office work environment in a Small Business Environment
- Use of computers and other office equipment.
- Managing tight deadlines to the owners and other key stakeholders.
- Regular visits to service providers, stakeholders, potential customers and following up on sales leads
- The role has a gross salary range of K12,000 a month with confirmation occurring after a 3 month probation period to K15,000. As a small business looking to grow and expand- the potential candidate has upside earning potential based on performance that drives growth and profitability into the business.
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. However only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are a highly motivated goal getter looking for a challenging new career and you think you are the right person for this job, please email your application letter, detailed CV and copies of your academic and professional certificates in electronic form to [email protected], no later than Friday 11th November, 2022.