With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose: To provide leadership, management and overall supervision of all technical programme activities that are being implemented within an Area Programme (AP) in order to ensure that the WVZ strategic objectives and child wellbeing outcomes are met.
Program Management and Reporting
- Manage Area Programme effectively by enforcing standards among the implementing staff and partners.
- Manage the community engagement and Sponsorship plan to ensure that they contribute to CWBO in the AP.
- Ensure effective implementation of approved guidelines and tools in the Area programme.
- Prepare and submit quality monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual narrative and financial reports, as well as support the development of the annual Child Well Being report.
- Manage DME activities in the AP by collaborating with the community in developing Annual Programme Plans (APPs) in line with the technical programmes.
- Manage quality implementation and monitoring of all technical programme activities within scope, time and budget in an AP.
- Providing day-to-day management including planning, administration, implementation, reporting and decision making for the AP.
- Implement and maintain Child Safe Organizational standards at AP level.
- Ensure that the APs provide responses to all AP audit reports and findings.
- Ensure improved risk management for good stewardship and accountability of resources at the AP.
- Ensure AP’s adherence to financial management standards as guided by the Field Financial Manual.
Program Budgeting and Grant Management
- Manage Area Programme budgets for efficient and timely implementation of activities.
- Manage grants and PNSF projects to meet project objectives, stakeholders and donor requirements at AP level.
- Participate in the development of concept papers and proposal for funding.
- Support the recruitment and orientation of all AP staff about WV Ministry.
- Support staff training and development in the AP using coaching and mentorship.
- Conduct annual performance agreements, reviews and intentionally recognise high performance.
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison
- Build relationships with community stakeholders, Donors, Government Line Ministries, and other stakeholders in the Area Programme.
- Represent WVZL in District Development Coordinating Committee (DDCCs) meetings for alignment of district priorities.
- Contribute to policy debate, advocacy and development, through collaboration with the various stakeholders at the AP, district and provincial level.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Support the integrated research and learning initiatives with the view to generate lessons and knowledge for effective programming.
- Support the area programme baseline, design, monitoring and evaluation for programme effectiveness and quality assurance.
- Collaborate with partners/agents, to plan, execute, monitor and evaluate programmes at Area Programme level.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in relevant field (specify) with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant fields.
- Master’s Degree in the relevant field or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organisation, preferably in the NGO context.
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage.
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential.
- Computer literate in Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.