Commercial Investments Company
The role is responsible for managing meetings, tracking contracts, handling company registration, maintaining organized filing systems, and providing general administrative support to the legal team.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Meeting Management
Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments.
Prepare meeting agendas, document minutes, and distribute relevant materials.
Maintain the legal team’s calendar and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Contract Follow-up:
Communicate with the Attorney General’s office and other relevant authorities to follow up on contract approvals and updates.
Keep accurate records of contract-related correspondence and status.
- Company Registration (PACRA):
Assist in the process of registering companies with PACRA.
Prepare and submit necessary documentation for new company registrations and updates to existing companies.
Maintain an up-to-date database of registered companies, ensuring compliance.
- Filing and Document Management:
Maintain a well-organized filing system for legal documents, contracts, and court records.
File documentation with statutory and regulatory bodies as instructed by officers.
Deliver documents as required, ensuring timely and accurate submissions.
- Court Calendar and Schedules:
Update and maintain schedules and court calendars as needed.
Ensure Officers are informed of upcoming court dates and deadlines.
- Mail Management:
Handle incoming and outgoing mail, and coordinate mail-related tasks with the Legal Counsel.
Distribute mail and legal documents promptly and accurately.
- General Administrative Support:
Provide assistance with photocopying, scanning, and faxing documents.
Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the legal team to ensure the efficient operation of the firm.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels
- Diploma in law.
- Certification in Records Management would be an added advantage.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience in a fast-paced environment.
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Conversant with records management procedures.
- Knowledge of legal procedures and terminology is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Detail-oriented and capable of multitasking.