High Commission of Zambia
Job Title: Common Services Assistant
Salary: 141,935 ZMW Gross per annum
Vacancy type: Indeterminate
Location: High Commission of Canada in Lusaka, Zambia
Closing date for applications: 24-07-2017 At midnight UTC+1 / GMT+1
Summary of position:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office the range of duties may include;
- Performing a variety of administrative and financial functions in support of the Common Services section;
- Performing a variety of Property / Procurement activities supporting the Common Services section;
- Supporting ongoing program activities in the Common Services section;
- Responding to requests from internal and external clients by providing general information and/or front line assistance;
- Providing and/or creating information and/or documentation;
- Performing other duties as required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate on their application that they meet all of the essential qualifications.
- College Diploma preferably in Business Administration, Management or Accounting or a post-secondary qualification in a relevant field combined with a further 1 year of experience over and above the experience criteria specified below.
- Fluency in English, Bemba and Nyanja (oral and written).
- A minimum of two years’ *recent experience working in an office environment providing general administrative support;
- A minimum of two years’ *recent experience providing finance operational support;
- A minimum of two years’ *recent experience providing client service.
- Recent is defined as within the last 5 years.
- Knowledge of financial and administrative practices and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Mail).
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and manage time/workload effectively;
- Ability to work under pressure according to deadlines;
- Teamwork and cooperation;
- Effective communication – oral and written;
- Sound judgment;
- Adaptability, flexibility;
- Ability to take the initiative and be proactive;
- Client focus;
- Discretion and professional integrity;
- Attention to detail.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
- Previous experience working in a diplomatic mission, in the Canadian Government or Public Sector environment or in an international environment;
- Fluency in French.
If candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications they must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their covering letter.
- Normal work week 37.5 hours (7.5 hours per day) Monday – Thursday 07:45 – 17:00 Friday 07:45 – 12:15
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when required
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Any job offer is subject to Reliability security screening (including a criminal record and credit check).;
- Proof of right to work in Zambia and copies of educational qualifications will be required at the interview stage of the process.
Area of selection: This position is open to individuals who are eligible to reside and work in Zambia, who meet all of the essential requirements stated above and whose applications are received by the closing date. The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
- Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
- Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
- Please note that some email systems may block emails from unknown users. Candidates should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users and regularly check their email, including junk mail.
- Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
- Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
- Please note that the High Commission of Canada to Zambia does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly.
- The High Commission of Canada to Zambia does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
- If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending exams or interviews then please let us know during the application process.
- The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the High Commission of Canada to Zambia which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
- If you have any questions at any stage of the process please send an email to [email protected]
How to apply
- Please follow the link www.wfca-tpce.com and complete the online application form. Candidates are also required to upload a CV and a covering letter. Applications which do not include all of the requested documents or information will be rejected.
- Candidates must demonstrate concisely in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.wfca-tpce.com/vacancyView.php?requirementId=1842& →