John Snow, Inc.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates,mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist
Position Type: Full time
The role will focus on coordinating communications efforts for the project and work with key project staff to help effectively communicate results and achievements to donors, global audiences, and Zambian stakeholders such as the MOH, health managers at the provincial level, and others.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
The Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist oversees the design of a communication strategy for internal and external audiences to facilitate the accessibility of the work of the USAID/PEPFAR SAFE project and the promotion of services and products. She/he plays a critical role in ensuring all USAID/PEPFAR SAFE communication documents, tools and media serve the needs of the project, while enhancing the narrative of why and how USAID/PEPFAR SAFE adds value to health service provision in Zambia. Reporting to the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Research, the Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist works collaboratively with project technical teams to ensure that project reporting requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner and to the required quality, including quarterly reports, best practices, and success stories.
- In collaboration with key program staff, develop and execute a communications strategy, which includes audience segmentation, key messages, and a robust monitoring and evaluation component
- Advise the Chief of Party and the senior leadership team on all aspects of the program’s communications efforts, ensuring the program is taking advantage of key communications opportunities and speaking with one voice when communicating externally
- Work with key program staff to compile, write, and disseminate reports for the donor and other stakeholders. Coordinate the entire process of developing and completing these reports.
- Manage the full production cycle for communications products (print, digital, and audio/visual), including copyediting, layout/design, printing, and dissemination
- Ensure all program-produced public communications and materials are branded correctly according to the USAID/PEPFAR SAFE branding strategy and marking plan
- Maintain an e-filing system/database that stores and tracks project documents and publications, and monitor to ensure timelines and schedules are well managed;
- Coordinate with the JSI corporate communications offices to ensure that project milestones are communicated on the corporate/global level for increased exposure for the project and the topic area
- Manage consultants, when needed, to help implement the communications strategy in the areas of web design, media outreach, photography, videography, and publication design and layout
- Advise on social media strategies to reach key audiences who use social media
- Organize, produce, package, and disseminate project information (print, video, and electronic) in a timely manner to key audiences
- Manage and coordinate project conferences and other events
- Manage and maintain media relations in all media in Zambia
- Lead daily monitoring, review and recording of USAID/PEPFAR SAFE media coverage and circulate as relevant;
- Maintain a communications/knowledge management contact list database;
- Perform ad hoc task delegated within reason from time to time.
- Degree in communications, public health or a related field is required – an advanced degree in these subject areas is highly desirable and would be an advantage;
- A minimum of four years of progressive experience in the area of information management;
- Experience working in the area communications for health services/commodities is preferred;
- Design experience using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, or similar systems is highly desired;
- Demonstrated ability to work with new technologies and social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal English – strong writing and editing skills required;
- Proven publication experience and skills required;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to manage timelines and to coordinate colleagues to ensure timelines are met;
- A strong team player who is able to work independently;
- Demonstrable organizational skills in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines is essential;
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel frequently to provide technical support to the USAID/PEPFAR SAFE
To apply: Send an application via email to [email protected] In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 21 November 2017
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org