Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for a full-time position as a Communications Officer.
DAPP registered in 1990 as a national non-profit association with its HQ in Copperbelt. The idea of DAPP is, through the implementation of projects, to empower people with knowledge, skills and tools to improve their living conditions.
DAPP seeks to build hope and to make disadvantaged people to stick together to fend for their family and community. DAPP and the communities work in partnerships for health, water, sanitation and hygiene, child development, primary education, teacher training, human rights, economic empowerment, agriculture and environment through projects.
DAPP has an income generating leg by selling second hand clothes. DAPP has over 1500 people on the payroll. DAPP is a member of the International Federation Humana People to People. The position is based in Lusaka, reporting to the Deputy Partnership Director.
Job summary/ responsibilities:
- Implement the organization’s communication strategy
- Write and upload frequent communication through Website and Social Media
- Develop way to utilise Social Media incl. WhatsApp messaging for the benefit of the communities
- Work with programme leads to gather content for communication, identify case studies and other content
- Develop stories with key messages to take to local/national/regional/international media outlets
- Ensure consistent branding, language and messaging across all the organization’s communication
- Conduct training on communications to project staff
Qualifications and key skills required:
- Bachelors degree in Journalism or Mass Media Communication
- Familiarity with newest information technology
- Extraordinarily good writing skills to communicate precisely and do proofreading
- Skills in design/lay out for any type of communication product is an added advantage
- The journalistic result oriented creative ability to source stories and deliver them
- Good team, interpersonal and relation building skills
- Ability to develop communication strategies
- Able to work independently and being systematic in work
- Ready to adapt to organisational tasks
- Willing to travel to project sites in all involved districts
- 3+ years’ job experience in similar position
- Vast experience in the field of communication
- Experience in writing for a variety of audiences
- Background in working with the news media editors
- Prior experience in building capacity for project staff in communication techniques and public relations work
- Applications with detailed CV and minimum 3 referees must be received by 12th of November 2020. The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
- Indicate the job title as the subject of your email.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
- Please submit to these emails: [email protected] and [email protected].
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If selected for verbal interviews, you will be provided with a written assessment as well.