WWF-World Wide Fund for Nature is the world’s largest independent conservation organization, with close to five million supporters and a network active in more than 100 countries on five continents. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF Zambia seeks to recruit a Community Based Natural Resources Management (CBNRM) Consultant for Silowana Complex which covers the Sioma Ngwezi National Park (SNNP) and the southern portion of the West Zambezi Game Management Area (GMA). This is a six (6) months consultancy position based in Sesheke district, Western Zambia Quality of the Consultant
An accomplished CBNRM and strategic planning expert, who is a critical thinker with landscape level conservation experience. The ideal candidate will also bring skills in developing community-led natural resource based economies/ enterprises. The candidate must have excellent stakeholder management ad negotiation skill and brilliant writing skills.
- A PhD/Master’s degree in a relevant field such as biological sciences, natural resources management, social science, business management, economics or international development is required.
- At least 10 years of extensive field experience delivering sustainable CBNRM solutions with proof of transformative, sustainable and innovative impact
- Demonstrated success and experience developing and implementing CBNRM solutions at the landscape level.
- Demonstrated success in writing high level project and strategy papers that attract clients to invest in cause.
- Familiarity with development of successful community led enterprise activities that deliver conservation impact in Africa or other developing countries.
- Proven ability and experience in networking with governments, international conservation organizations, donors, and stakeholders is required.
- Knowledge of Organisational development process and how to shift from Project to Program approach
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to direct formulation of complex transformational conservation projects.
- Excellent writing abilities and strong organizational skills.
- Administrative and project management experience is essential, inclusive of overseeing the development and management of budgets
- Strong diplomatic skills and a desire to work in multi-cultural and national frameworks.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
Interested individuals should submit an expression of interest, detailed Curriculum Vitae and a technical proposal of their interpretation of the assignment, along with a financial proposal for their services for 6 months period to [email protected] by 20th July, 2018. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Detailed Terms of References can be accessed at www.wwfzm.panda.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.