Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated and self-starter individuals to fill the following positions:
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FACILITATOR – BMZ PROJECT X 1 – LUAPULA (1 YEAR CONTRACT)
The position of Community Development Facilitator is part of Plan International 18+ Programme on Ending Child, Early, and Forced Marriage (CEFM) in Eastern and Southern Africa implemented by Plan International Zambia. The position is based in Mansa, Zambia, at Plan International Zambia and exists to support the BMZ / Plan International Germany supported project “Strengthening Civil Society to End Child Marriage in Eastern and Southern Africa.
The Incumbent is required to provide the link between Plan Zambia and the community in areas where Plan implements its activities. This is to ensure facilitation of all the development activities done within the community are helping and improving the lives of children and their families. Additionally, the incumbent must be able to live in the community as part of Plan’s Global Immersion Strategy.
- Mobilizing communities and facilitating on Plan thematic areas to ensure the mandate of Plan is achieved.
- Facilitating project design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the assigned area of operation.
- Facilitating effective participation of children, families, communities and stakeholders in programme activities.
- Building the capacity of community partners and volunteers to facilitate and manage Plan’s focus on child well-being.
- coordination of programme activities and networking with the communities
- Establishing good working relations with children, families, community leadership, and Community based Organizations (CBOs), government extension staff and other stakeholders at ward and village levels.
- Participating in stakeholder meetings and networks at ward and village levels.
- Identifying key risks within the area of operation and putting in appropriate control measures to manage them.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Development Studies or related discipline.
- A Class 3 motor bike license.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in an NGO environment
- Ability to organize own work and work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment, with knowledge of Language, Cultural beliefs and values of community one is operating in.
- Must be a Team player.
- Facilitation skills (Meetings, workshops & seminars).
- Proficient in Computer skills.
- Building good relationships with various community groups.
- Identifying the potential of community groups to deliver specific programs that promote the fulfillment of child rights
- Ability to ride a motor bike
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected]. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Thursday, 31th December, 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga Road
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men, Women are especially encouraged to apply. Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.