Nanga Farms Ltd.
POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (1 POSITION, FIXED TERM) – ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Human Resources Assistant. The position reports to the Human Resources Officer and operates within the Farm area.
The successful candidate the main purpose of the job is to assist the Human Resources Officer in Human Resources and Administration function.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To assist the in recruitment of fixed term and seasonal employees
- To coordinate employees, leave days and update leave status accordingly.
- To be conversant with company collective agreement, polices, conditions of service and advice employees to ensure compliance.
- To induct all newly employed fixed term and seasonal employees.
- To record all occupation accidents and update the accident register accordingly.
- To compile daily, weekly, monthly labour statistics for submission to HRO
- To supervise and coordinate the work of company Gardeners.
- To document all HR documentation
- To handle disciplinary matters
- To provide advice and guidance on employee misconduct/ poor performance etc. ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of best practice and are in accordance with relevant employment legislation.
- To capture new employees in the system and send the interface reports to payroll every month.
- To ensure success factor data for all employees is updated as required.
- To work with employees and section heads to ensure adherence to minimum standards across the employee life cycle.
- To provide support for the exit of employees within the company
- To provide HR query resolution relating to payroll, benefits, organisation structures, time and attendance and policies, and escalates to HRO when Required.
- To promote and adhere to procedures, guidelines including without limitation those relating to safety Health Environment Risk & quality (SHERQ) and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- To support improvement of labour productivity with HRO e.g., overtime management, allowance etc
- Minimum of grade Twelve (12) full school certificate
- Diploma in Human Resources Management or Business related courses.
- Must have good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Minimum of two(2) year work experience in a related field is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Safety Health Environment Risk & Quality (SHERQ)
- Fully paid member of Zambia institute of Human Resource Management
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit you’re detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations, and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Officer: Nanga email: [email protected] clearly stating the position applied for in the subject line.
All internal employees are required to complete the Internal Application Form and obtain relevant signatures when applying for vacancies.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.