Nanga Farms Ltd.
POSITION: MECHANIC (1 POSITION, FIXED TERM) – ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Mechanic. The position reports to the Transport Workshop Foreman and operates within the Farm area.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the inspection, diagnosis, and maintenance /repair of Heavy plant equipment, Light Duty Vehicles, Motorbikes (small engines), trailers and implements.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Maintain vehicle /machinery functional condition by attending to operator complaints and conducting a detailed root cause analysis.
- Conduct routine inspections and report any defects or problems.
- Assess vehicles/machinery to accurately diagnose and repair issues.
- Monitor vehicle performance after service or repairs.
- Keep accurate and proper records of job cards.
- Maintain and clean workshop equipment and tools to ensure they are always kept in a safe and usable condition.
- Adhere to company work safety policies.
- Minimum of grade Twelve (12) school certificate
- Craft certificate in Automotive or vehicle Maintenance/Technician in Heavy Plant Equipment repair.
- Minimum of Two (2) year work experience in a related field is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Safety Health Environment Risk & Quality (SHERQ)
- Fully paid member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit you’re detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, registrations, and ID/Passport for the attention of HR Officer: Nanga email: [email protected] clearly stating the position applied for in the subject line.
All internal employees are required to complete the Internal Application Form and obtain relevant signatures when applying for vacancies.
Closing date for applications: 7th November 2023
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.