Website Compassion International Zambia (CIZ)
Who We Are
Compassion International is a Christian holistic child and youth development organization that partners with local churches and supporters to address the spiritual, physical, economic, educational, and socio-emotional needs of children. Globally Compassion is directly serving about 2.3 million children from low-income households in 29 countries.
Compassion is seeking a translation company/individual in Zambia to translate various documents from English to Nyanja.
- Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks, and activities across the organization and its partners. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core values.
- Translating documents to industry-specific Terminologies. Thematic areas include health, education, Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH), Early childhood Development, Maternal and Child Health, etc.
- Ability to convert written materials from English to local languages and vice versa.
- Ensure translation meet desired quality standards and should not change the meaning while paying attention to context and detail.
- Keeps Compassion International information shared confidential.
- Carefully and safely keep all translated materials per the set data management protocol. Submit all completed work to Compassion.
- Communicate regularly with the Compassion contact.
- Ensuring translated material is suitable for the intended readers. The terminology used must be understood by both readers and respondents of tools.
- Provide feedback to Compassion on progress.
Qualifications and Attributes
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Diploma/Degree in Social Sciences, Early Childhood Development, Community Development, Gender, Agriculture, Nutrition, M&E and other relevant disciplines.
- Excellent time management, translation, writing, and communication skills.
- Very high levels of quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Previous experience in translations will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in major local languages spoken in Zambia.
- Computer Literate and proficient in Using MS Office.
- A high degree of integrity.
- Sound Interpersonal skills.
- Carry out any assignment as assigned by Compassion.
Working Environment: At your premises.
To apply, click here to fill out the online form and upload your documents. If you are unable to upload, please send the files to [email protected] after you submit this form by the close of business on 5th June 2023. Ensure you specify your role (Translator) in the subject field when using email to submit the documents.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.