Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Human Resource & Training Division under the HR Operations, Compensation and Industrial Relations Department at Head Office:-
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST
To support the development of the Bank’s Compensation and Benefits strategies and ensure successful implementation of such strategies so as to ensure effective talent acquisition, engagement and retention and performance within the Bank.
Under the supervision of the Head HR Operations, Compensation and Industrial Relations the following are among the job key responsibilities:-
- To provide input into the development of a competitive Compensation and Benefits strategy
- To provide input into the development of Compensation and Benefits/Remuneration Policies
- To develop an effective Reward and Remuneration philosophy that will drive a high performance culture
- To benchmark against local and international remuneration / pay incentive trends / best practices through participation in remuneration surveys and integrate into remuneration policies and practises where appropriate
- To ensure that the Bank’s Compensation and Benefits for both Unionized and Non-Unionized staff members are effectively structured to enable high quality talent acquisition and retention
- To operationalise the Compensation and Benefits strategy and ensure effective implementation
- To facilitate the implementation of performance based annual salary reviews in liaison with line managers and Human Resource Business Partners
- To facilitate job evaluation and job grading, working closely with Business Unit Heads/Line Mangers and Consultants to ensure alignment
- To prepare and provide all relevant input into the payroll process to Finance so as to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll
- To provide input into the annual budgets for staff Compensation and Benefits, including all staff salaries and allowances
- To ensuring that all Compensation and Benefits related expenditure is accounted for and that costs are contained within budget parameters
- To liaise with all Compensation and Benefits related vendors, including salary surveyors, Pension Fund managers, GLA/GPA providers, Medical Scheme
- Providers and all relevant staff welfare service providers
- To negotiate the most cost effective packages from all vendors on all relevant staff benefits
- To manage service delivery to ensure that all relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to and that the bank and its employees receive high quality service in line with agreed contracts.
- External: Local Regulators on statutory matters, Unions, Vendors
- Internal: All Divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- University Degree in relevant subject
- At least three (3) years related work experience
- Must have a valid ZIHRM license/certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of local labour laws and HR Regulations and Compensation and Benefits practices
- Detail oriented, highly organized, flexible with a positive attitude, team player.
- Very good analytical and communication skills
- Advanced excel proficiency
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent social/interpersonal skills
- Delighting customers
- Persuading and selling
- Attention to detail
- Drive for results
- Analytical thinking
- Team work
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae.
Kindly note that you must attach copies of qualifications along with the application/cover letter and curriculum vitae.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com no later than Friday, 11th August 2017. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org