Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Chief Executive Officer’s Division under the Compliance Department at Head Office.
COMPLIANCE HEAD (X1)
The overall objective of the Compliance Head is to plan, monitor and manage the day to day Compliance activities for the designated Region in accordance with the Bank’s Compliance Charter and provide the necessary guidance and support to the Compliance network in the applicable regions, driving the Compliance target operating model and providing explicit and proactive guidelines in relation to Compliance policies and regulations that affect the Bank.
Under the supervision of the Head Compliance, the following are among the job key responsibilities:-
- Identification and management of Compliance Risk in the respective region and reporting on the management of that risk and any significant issues arising in relation to those risks to Head – Compliance.
- Identifying “upstream” Compliance legislation and regulatory obligations that will affect the organization as well as the monitoring of adherence to applicable Compliance rules and regulations, including regulatory obligations.
- Sustain a Compliance culture & awareness – the promotion of a Compliance culture through training of new and existing employees as well as attending meetings of the business and discussing cases.
- Perform Compliance Risk and Control Assessments – performing the Compliance risk and control assessment for the Assessment Units for the respective region and consolidating results with that of other regions.
- Compliance monitoring program – monitoring the level of Compliance through ongoing and periodic monitoring, following the Compliance monitoring programme and Compliance reviews and initiating corrective action.
- Incident Reporting – all Compliance incidents to be reported to Head Compliance for investigation and resolution.
- Ensuring that there is a network of Compliance Representatives in the respective region.
- Preparation of Suspicious activity reports
- Any other duties and tasks as may be assigned by management.
- External: BOZ, Financial Intelligence Centre, External Regulators Correspondence Banks
- Internal: All divisions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
- Degree in Business or a related field
- At least eight to ten (8-10) years’ experience in compliance
- Certifications in Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail
- Report writing
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Trainer skills in compliance
- Investigative skills
- Customer service
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Tuesday, 13th June 2017. Kindly note that you do not need to send us copies of your qualification certificates at this point.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply)