Zambia Electronic Clearing House Limited (ZECHL)
ZAMBIA ELECTRONIC CLEARING HOUSE LIMITED
Zambia Electronic Clearing House Limited (ZECHL) is a non-profit making corporate entity registered under the Companies Act 1994, Chapter 388 of the Laws of Zambia whose main objective is to provide reliable, efficient and cost-effective clearing and switching services to the financial sector.
ZECHL runs the Automated Clearing House (ACH) providing CTS / CIC and EFT (DDACC) transaction services to all financial and non-financial institutions in Zambia. ZECHL through the National Financial Switch, has taken up the domestic financial switching platform, enabling the switching of all domestic Automated Teller Machine (ATM) and Point of Sale (POS) transactions locally. Currently, ZECHL is integrating the inter-operability of mobile money transactions countrywide.
To meet the ever-growing demands ofthe payment ecosystem coupled with the desire to continue positioning ourselves for improved service delivery in the financial sector, having the right staffing is critical.
The company now wishes to recruit for the position to be based at its Head Office situated at COMESA Head Office in Lusaka.
JOB TITLE: COMPLIANCE OFFICER
To provide superior oversight of the ZECHL operations including National Financial Switch and Cheque Truncation System (CTS) ensuring continued compliance to relevant regulatory laws and requirements.
The role requires the person holding the position to stay abreast with changes in banking and financial services laws and regulations as well as all other Zambian laws that must be complied with by all Zambian institutions.
The successful candidate will among other things:
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program
- Develop and periodically review and update Standards of Conduct and provide guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborate with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of such violations
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/ concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitor, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
- Identify potential areas of compliance nilnerability and risk;
- Implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Ensure appropriate reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Establish and provide direction and management of the compliance Hotline.
- Develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
Academic and Professional Qualifications & skills
- A full Grade 12 School Certificate with minimum five credits;
- Degree in Finance/ Bank/ Business Administration/ Management Information Systems/ Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant compliance experience with a background in IT.
- Prior position in Governance, Risk, Audit /IT Audit in an internal audit or external auditing firm
- Membership to any relevant Professional Body
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The abilitv to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and detail-oriented
- Experience in Enterprise Risk management will be an added advantage
If you meet the above qualifications, please send your application letter and a detailed CV including your full address, contact numbers, with copies of academic & professional certificates to:
In order to reduce the risk of the spread of the COVID – 19, please note that all application responses should be in electronic form no hand delivered application letters will be accepted.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 4th September 2020.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED