Zambia Sugar Plc
Zambia Sugar Plc, is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group, and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the produdion and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the fdlowing positions in the Agriculture Department:
CONDITION BASED MONITORING (CBM) TECHNICIAN (1 POSITION, GRADE C3)
The position reports to the Irrigation Engineer – Mechanical Services and operates within the Agriculture function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the section realizes agreed targets in equipment capacity utilisation and reliability improvements; whilst addressing areas for improvement and drive implementation of the “Illovo Way ot Maintenance” (iAMP) in delivering towards the preventive and reactive maintenance strategies.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensure equipment maintenance compliance.
- Organise and attend Technical root cause analysis meetings.
- Ensure proper storage of all machinery maintenance records (Technical library)
- Ensure proper implementation, analysis and records of condition based maintenance
- LTA tracking and investigating & Ensure correct entry of information in Maximo.
- Ensure planning is timely and comprehensive, on equipment reliability.
- Ensure CBM PMS are planned, scheduled, implemented, closed out & other defects are
- corrected through works order system
- Produce critical path reports on plant items with proposals for remedial action.
- Carry out vibration analysis, and trending on the irrigation assets.
- Carry out laser alignment on the installed infrastructure.
- Carry out thermography & ultrasound tests, and trending on the electrical infrastructure.
- Carry out Oil Sampling, and participate in the oil analysis.
- Participate in tender proceedings (Supervisor Engineer)
- Control and monitor all projects in the section (Engineer Function)
- Carry out analysis on monthly data trends
- Ability to interpret and work with different Vibration, Thermography, Oil and thickness testing equipment
MINIMUM SPECIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS AREAS
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Technician/Diploma level in Mechanical Engineering
- Level 2 vibration analysis
- Certificate – Laser alignment and dynamic balancing
- Certificate – Bearing analysis and maintenance
- 5+ years’ experience in a reputable company, in Condition Based Maintenance or Maintenance section.
- Knowledge of plant and machinery and experience in maintenance and engineering, machinery condition monitoring skills.
- Ensuring standby equipment is available at all times. And ensure effective utilisation of available time and resources, including materials.
- Ensuring that works are done to approved company procedures and standards, & following laid down procedures before doing work.
Minimum specifications / requirements areas
- Certificate – Craft apprenticeship or Craft Certificate in Control systems, mechanical fitting, electronics, or Field Instrumentation or equivalent.
- 3 years post qualification structured competence building program in instrumentation for a Craft Certificate.
- 6 years post qualification mmpetence building program in instrumentation for equivalent qualification, for Instrumentation artisan apprenticeship.
- Knowledge in Field instrumentation , maintenance tool set, engineering computer station
- Detailed knowledge of field process instrumentation equipment, calibration standards and techniques.
- Able to use instrumentation/engineering drawings, specifiætions, standards and equipment manual applicable to installing, maintaining and fault finding on instrumentation equipment and process controls.
- Proficiency in installation, maintenance and calibration of electric Actuators, pressure, level, flow and temperature measurement and control equipment.
- Ability to apply appropriate methodical faulty finding and diagnostic techniques to different equipment and control systems that include field instrumentation, analysers, pneumatic systems, electronics systems, electrical systems.
- Valid EIZ Membership
Candidates interested in applying for the above positions, should email detailed CV and copies of qualifications to [email protected] Be sure to indicate “CRM Technician” “Artisan – Mechanical Fitter” or “Artisan Instrumentation” respectively in the email subject.
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Closing date for receiving applications is 14 November 2020.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems and ICT literacy is essential
- Experience in vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermo-graphic, and Non-Destructive Testing (NOT).
- Ability to write technical reports and good communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of database and spreadsheet programmes e.g. Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Valid Driving Licence & EIZ Membership