a Chemonics company, brings world-class supply chain solutions
General Summary and Background
The USAID-funded Program for Advancing Supply Chain Outcomes (PASCO) is a commodity distribution program that aims to create sustainable access to safe, effective, quality-assured, and affordable lifesaving health commodities by strengthening capacity for transportation and distribution systems in consultation with the Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA). As a core component of this work, the Directorate of Logistics supports ZAMMSA with outsourced third-party logistics distribution through tripartite subcontracts with vendors and ZAMMSA. The 3PL Specialist will support execution of this work on a day-to-day basis for distribution originating from the ZAMMSA central warehouse in Lusaka, while also providing ad hoc support to the 3PL manager in day-to-day management of overall 3PL operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the ZAMMSA Central Purchase Orders (POs) for distribution, coordinating closely with ZAMMSA:
- Ensure that POs are received in a timely manner in advance of the required distribution;
- Ensure supporting documentation is in place and accurate (i.e. distribution plan);
- Coordinate closely with the 3PL representative stationed at the ZAMMSA Central warehouse to actively track the execution of distribution plans in line with the Purchase Orders issued:
- Track the truck positioning times with reference to the pre-alerts
- Track vehicle Loading times
- Track Offloading times
- Escalate to the 3PL Manager in case of deviation of the distribution plan and/or any other issue related to the deliveries of the shipment.
- Support the 3PL manager to facilitate the deployment of DeliveryExpert in 3PL operations, in coordination with ZAMMSA and PSM.
- Retrieve, review, report, and archive all fully signed PODs for distributions done by 3PL in line with the approved Service Level Agreement (SLA). This should include tracking the utilization of Delivery Expert in order to generate ePOD for all deliveries done, once the system is fully deployed for 3PL.
- Actively track vehicle utilization for the 3PL, ZAMMSA, and self-collection using a database in consultation with the Performance Monitoring and Data Analytics directorate regarding the tools and protocol for data capture and reporting.
- Ensure that the 3PL KPIs Master tracker is updated in a timely manner;
- Actively track and record all 3PL-related incidents on the incident tracker and in coordination with the Commodity Security and Risk Management directorate and report the performance of the 3PL subcontractor.
- Produce weekly updates on ZAMMSA Central Outbound activities and on request by the project/ZAMMSA and review with 3PL Manager;
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor of record.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies:
- Diploma in logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working in supply chain management and managing logistics/warehousing activities;
- Experience in procurement/subcontracting and compliance. Specific knowledge of 3PL contract management strongly preferred. Specific knowledge of US federal agency regulations and policies preferred;
- Knowledge of USAID and experience working on USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred;
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English required.
Location of Assignment:
- The location of assignment is Lusaka, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country.
- The 3PL Specialist will report directly to the 3PL Manager or his/her designee.
To apply please apply directly through this job advertisement or send a resume and expression of interest to [email protected] with a subject line of “3PL Specialist (ZAMMSA Central)” by March 16, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Connexi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.