About the role
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Project Manager to join our team in Lower Zambezi. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing our Fisheries Management Programme, which aims to enhance the co-management of the Lower Zambezi fishery by facilitating the establishment of a Fisheries Management Area, conducting community-based fisheries monitoring, negotiating conservation agreements among stakeholders, and promoting nature-friendly community enterprises for alternative livelihoods.
- Lead a team of eleven, including a Fisheries Liaison Officer, A Community & Enterprise Development Officer, one attached officer from Department of Fisheries, Chirundu, and 8 Community Fisheries Monitors
- Plan, implement, and supervise the project activities, such as fisheries monitoring, conservation agreements, community enterprises, and stakeholder engagement with creativity and innovation.
- Manage the project budget with efficiency and effectiveness and ensure compliance with donor and CLZ policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with other project partners, such as Conservation International, Department of Fisheries, DNPW, Chiawa Community Resources Board, Village Fisheries Management Committees, fishers, and other stakeholders
- Tertiary qualification in environmental science or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in project management
- Experience in fisheries management or related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of conservation issues in Zambia
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements should apply with:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae of not more than three pages explaining why you feel you should be considered for this post, highlighting your relevant skills, knowledge and experience and how they meet the requirements of the role profile.
- Cover letter
- Names and email addresses of three contactable references.
Applications to be emailed to: [email protected].
Please use the subject line: Application: Fisheries Project Manager
Closing date: 10 September 2023.
No applications will be accepted after this closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.