Are you a dynamic, innovative and impact driven individual who would like to contribute to conservation? Then you are the candidate that WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is looking for. WWF is an International Non-Governmental Organization that deals with conservation of nature. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.
Duty Post: Lusaka.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the incumbent will ensure that WWF Zambia conservation strategy and delivery mechanism is cutting edge and established prior to WWF Zambia becoming a national office. Support the Country Director and SMT implement the roadmap and change plans for WWF Zambia to transition from a country office to a national office
- Work with the Country Director and the Senior Management Team to develop and implement a focus, coherence and cutting edge conservation strategy and approach that will reposition WWF Zambia as the leading Conservation organization in Zambia.
- Responsible for day to day strategy management by ensuring coherence in the implementation of an effective and agile conservation strategy that delivers impact at scale and is relevant to national policies, constituencies, civil society, the most current WWF Africa and WWF global conservation priorities
- Ensure strategic engagement with relevant international and national stakeholders on conservation and technical issues, including strong engagement on policy issues and processes, in order to influence and inform national policy and decision –making.
- Provide conservation leadership to assigned regional and transboundary programs e.g. this role will help deliver the WWF KAZA vision.
- Promote the vision and objectives of the WWF Zambia Conservation Strategy to government, donor, civil society, corporate, and WWF stakeholders at national- and international-level meetings, conferences, and fora.
- Direct annual planning and budgeting across departments ensuring linkages between prioritized activities and agreed conservation impacts and outcomes.
- Ensure all programs and campaigns have effective plans, deliver impact at scale and are effectively contributing to relevant priorities.
- Establish, implement and oversee a system of planning, monitoring, learning conservation programmers and priorities in line with strategic plans, which demonstrate our conservation targets.
- Strengthen outcomes management and monitor effectiveness of Conservation team who in turn coordinate priorities and activities towards agreed outcomes.
- Work with the Country Director, Fundraising manager and Senior Management Team to develop and implement funding strategies to ensure sustainability of WWF Zambia’ conservation programmers and impact.
- Develop, establish and build strong, win-win and lasting strategic relationships with WWF Zambia community of partners, staff, Board and supporters to strengthen interaction, creativity and conservation results.
- Support Proposal Development in attracting funding opportunities for Conservation initiatives to ensure that the development of our most promising initiatives benefits from latest thinking on Conservation strategy development.
- Deep knowledge of the Zambia conservation landscape
- Advanced degree (masters or higher) in Biology, Natural Resources, Environment, Ecology, Social Science or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of successful experience in conservation planning and programme design, M&E, audits and evaluations both at the conceptual and practical level.
- 7 years’ post-graduate professional direct experience in relation to environment, development, conservation or sustainability.
- At least 5 years in a Senior Conservation leadership role.
- Experience in non-profit or environmental organization and knowledge of the WWF Network an advantage.
- Evidence of major fundraising outcomes
How to apply?
Applications must include a cover letter and CV with full contact details of three referees sent as one file with subject line “Conservation Manager – Zambia”, to The Human Resources Manager – Africa through [email protected] to be received not later than 15th July 2018 at 17:00. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.