TERMS OF REFERENCE
CONSULTANCY TO PROVIDE CIVIL WORKS ON NEW CLINIC FOR IOM ZAMBIA
CFA 001 – 2023 – IOM-ZM
1. Duty Station of the Consultancy: Lusaka, Zambia
2. Duration of Consultancy: 3 months with possibility of extension
3. Nature of the consultancy: Assessment and evaluation of existing building, creation of BOQ, technical drawings and work plan, supervision, and certification of Civil works consultancy service for the renovation of new IOM clinic and preparation of documents related to the renovation. Interior design of the new IOM clinic.
4. Project Context and Scope:
Established in 1951, IOM, in its role as United Nations Migration Agency, is the leading intergovernmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. With 175 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Specifically, within its Migration Health Division (MHD), the International Organization for Migration (IOM) delivers and promotes comprehensive, preventive, and curative health programmes which are beneficial, accessible, and equitable for migrants and mobile populations. Bridging the needs of both migrants and IOM’s member states, MHD contributes towards the physical, mental, and social well-being of migrants, enabling them and host communities to achieve social and economic development.
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Zambia is expanding its operations in several areas including Migration Health. The Country office will be expanding the Migration Health Assessment centre to increase capacity and house state of the art equipment, and other resources in response to the rise in demand for Migration health services. The proposed works will be funded through Several projects including the United States refugee Admission Program (USRAP) and United Kingdom Tuberculosis Detection Program (UKTB).
Pursuant to the above, IOM is seeking to hire an individual or agency to undertake civil works consultancy including but not limited to conducting a Health Facility scoping mission, BoQ, supporting the tender process for the renovation of Health Facility infrastructure, supervise a laboratory set up work, Xray room set-up and installation of the Xray Machine , execution of works through monitoring visits and conduct any other works arising from the scoping mission.
5. Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing:
MH.0101: United Nations Refugee Admission Program
MH.0071: Global Health Assessment Program United Kingdom
RE.0473: Resettlement from East & Southern Africa
RE.0475: Support to IOM for Canada’s Resettlement
RE.0522: RST/FamReu Finland 2022
6. Category B Consultants: Tangible and measurable outputs of the work assignment
- provide architectural, structural, and plumbing designs and drawings, Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and material schedule for the rehabilitation of new IOM clinic and office.
- Prepare ToRs for the renovation works for the rehabilitation of the new IOM clinic and office.
- Assist with the technical evaluation for BIDs for renovation works.
- Supervise and certify the renovation works on behalf of IOM.
- Prepare any documents that may be required in relation to the rehabilitation works.
- Provide weekly progress reports to IOM on the rehabilitation works.
- Provide technical guidance on interior design of new IOM clinic.
7. Performance indicators for the evaluation of results
- Conduct assessments of the health facility and provide a report covering the status of existing structures and functionality, specification, and recommendation of remedial action,
- Participate in Invitation to Bid opening and evaluation process and produce tender evaluation report.,
- Conduct monitoring visits assess the progress of work and compliance with drawings and recommendations as well as identify and propose corrective actions if required.
- Provide a progress report after each monitoring visit to the Project Manager concerning progress, contractor compliance and adherence to contract specifications by the contractor.
- Review contractor’s progress reports as a basis to measure progress and compliance to design specifications and standards (environmental, health and safety) and for payment issuance.
8. Education, Experience and/or skills required.
- University degree in civil engineering or other related fields.
- Proven experience in executing civil construction projects.
- Fellow of the Zambia Institute of Engineers or National Construction Council for Construction of Zambia
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience post-degree.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions independently and strong problem resolutions skills.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
The consultant will report directly to the procurement assistant.
6. SUBMISSIONS AND CLOSING DATE
All interested consultants are to submit electronic copies of their applications, to include the following:
- Technical proposal including a letter of motivation, methodology, detailed curriculum vitae(s).
- Financial proposal including all the professional fees, and any other cost elements.
- Proof of previous related work and at three traceable references.
- Provide documentary proof of professional and academic qualification and testimonials.
Application to be addressed to the Resource Management Officer (RMO), IOM Lusaka using Recruitment email address: [email protected] not later than 27th August 2023.
Please remember to quote the CFA No. CFA 001 – 2023 – IOM-ZM and title: Consultancy to Provide Civil Works on New Clinic for IOM Zambia in the email subject line.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting period: From 21.08.2023 to 27.08.2023