Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE, TRADE AND INDUSTRY
LOBITO CORRIDOR TRADE FACILITATION PROJECT
The Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry is inviting suitable applicants to fill a vacancy in the LobitD Corridor Trade Facilitation Project. The Labita Corridor Trade Facilitation Project (LCTFP) is a technical assistance and capacity building Project under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry.
The LCT FP is financed by a grant from the African Development Bank to support development and implementation of trade facilitation measures and the development of value chains and economic clusters along the Corridor. The objective is to contribute to the expansion of domestic and cross-border trade and inclusiveness along the Corridor. The following are the main focus areas for the Project:
- Capacity Building for Trade Facilitation and Corridor Development; and
- Technical Assistance for Value Chains and Economic Clusters Development,
The Ministry, therefore is inviting suitable applicants to fill the following position:-
CONTRACT AND PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
The Contract and Procurement Specialist vill be reporting to the Projector Coordinator. His / her main responsibilities will bc to pracurc goads and services for all Lobito Corridor Trade Facilitation Project components and his/her specific functions will include among them, the following: –
- Planning and implementing a sound and sustainable procurement process, including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management and performance measurement.
- Initiate local and international bidding processes, under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and in collaboration with the Procurement Unit, manage the qualification and shortlisting ofbidders, preparation of bids, assurance bids, pre bid conference, receipt and opening bids, bid evaluation, recommendations of award, contracts negotiations, contract finalisation and issuance
- Develop and implement systems for internal control that will ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions in collaboration with the Procurement Unit
- Monitor and analyse contract performance against agreed benchmarks and through agreed reporting mechanism. Advise Project Coordinator on any potential issues and recommend remedial actions/ solutions
- Negotiate, within the terms and condition of the contracts, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of performance or non-compliance contractual obligations
- Manage the project procurement through implementing all policies and procedures related to procurement activities and ensuring that the African Development Bank/ Government procurement guidelines are followed in all transactions.
- Lead the development of Project Procurement Plan and generate regular updates for the guidance of the Focal Point (update monthly procurement plan)
- Coordinate with the Financial Officer, the regular preparation of project procurement reports, as part of the African Development Bank/ Government reporting requirements.
- School certificate with five credits including English and Mathematics University degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent
Experience and Competences
- At least 6 years work experience in contract and procurement of works, goods and services, 3 years of which at a project level.
- Proven experience in preparation of construction and technical documentation
- Experience in working in complex environments and large infrastructure and /or in civil works
- Knowledge in procurement procedures or Government. Knowledge of African Development Bank procedures will be an added advantage.
- Member of a procurement professional body
The Project Implementation Unit for the Labito Carridor Trade Facilitation Project is stationed in Lusaka but the Project involves frequent travels to identified Project sites.
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
The project duration is four (4) years.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, CVs complete with copies of certified NRC and academic qualifications to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry
9th Floor, New Government Building Complex
P.O. Box 31968
Submissions of applications must be in hard copies only. Only shortlisted candidates be contacted.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS Friday September 4th, 2020.