Overall Job Purpose
- To plan and facilitate the provision of all services to KML by contractors.
- To plan the activities of contracts department employees and to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
Specific Job Responsibility
- Plan the day to day running of the section
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- Create long term plans for the section to ensure cost saving measures are put in place.
- Negotiate with suppliers to get the best possible pricing and terms of service.
- Plan and run tenders for services to ensure that contracts reflect the market price.
- Work closely with the Corporate Social Responsibility department to ensure that local businesses and the local community is afforded adequate opportunity to do business with Kalumbila Minerals Limited.
- Motivate employees and ensure that all contracts or service orders are processed in and quickly and efficiently.
- Develop and improve service delivery to end users by contractors
- Prepare and manage the section budget
- Identify any potential bottlenecks and submit a corrective action plan when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager and assist any other department as and when required.
Job Specific Competencies
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques
- Knowledge of statutory requirements
- Basic knowledge of how the mining industry operates and basic knowledge of the production process
- Knowledge of basic procurement principles
- Knowledge of how to run tenders
- Knowledge of administrative practices and personnel management
- Excellent communication skills
Key Job Attributes
- Must pay attention to detail
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Unquestionable integrity
- Must be assertive
- Must be a team player
Experience required to perform in this job
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in the mining/ metals industry advantageous
- Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Business, Finance or related field
- A solid understanding of the Law of Contract
- Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply membership advantageous