Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mines is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelter in Zambia.
To support this vision, Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
CONTRACTS SUPERINTENDENT (x1)
This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
Purpose of the Position:
In charge of managing and coordinating the issuing of Contracts, as well as managing Contracts.
Key Performance Areas / Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Formulate and issue Contracts in line with the Lubambe policies and procedures
- Performing routine Contract management duties in line with the Lubambe policies and procedures
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness for Contracts
- Ensure that the Initiated tender process for services, materials and equipment are timely sent to right Contractors
- Tracking Contracts and ensuring timely delivery
- Interaction with end users and outside consultants to develop realistic specifications
- Ensure that prepared tender documents are well monitored to ensure adherence to the tendering process
- Performs tender analysis and makes recommendations regarding Contracts.
- Determine and develop appropriate sources of supply and maintains cooperative working relationships with vendors to stay current with trends and technologies, products and services
- Ensure that Contracts nearing ending are timeously floated and renewed
- Superintend and ensure that the Contracts team Contracts at the most favourable price, consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors
- Ensure sound ethical standards within the section and act on any deviations.
- Monitor and enforce Contracts on regular basis
- Updates the Supply Chain Manager and end users on the Contracting progress and review meetings to be held/ held with Contractors
- Updating and maintaining complete Contracts records and ensuring they are properly safeguarded and accurate for future reference
- Contests and disputes late deliveries and poor performance of Contractors if necessary, after consultation with the Supply Chain Manager and end users and cancels such Contracts
- Resolves problems and issues arising from Contracts with internal and external clients
- Establishes and maintains a cordial relationship with internal customers and external suppliers
- Responds to queries from internal customers regarding contract performance, contract costing, and open or planned Tender progress.
- Provides monthly reporting on Contract spend, cost out, Contractor on-time delivery performance and Contractor Quality Performance including corrective action plans for worst offenders.
- Establish, implement, and manage a system to evaluate, monitor and report Contractor scorecard performance.
- Formulation of scrap sale agreements.
- Trucking and controlling of the sale of scrap generated at the mine.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Business Administration/ Engineering degree/Professional Diploma in Procurement & Supply Chain Management, Operations Planning or a related field, other related courses desirable (equivalent of MBA).
- Certification in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) with a valid practicing licence
- 10+ years proven track record of related experience in similar field, Government legislation related to contracts and Tenders, Policy & Procedure writing, tracking of budget expenses, and Senior level reporting.
- Ability to relate to Internal and external Stakeholders (*to include suppliers, contractors, government agencies and internal clientele)
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Ability to respond consistently with a high degree of initiative to resolve issues or complex problems that may arise.
- Ability to maintain positive company Image and brand.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Efficient organisation and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- A courteous and professional demeanour.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills; proficiency with MS Office suite and other supply chain-related software.
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Experience in collecting and analysing data
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 10 April 2019
Please do not send scanned copies of your educational qualifications at this stage and clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.