- The incumbent Will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Ensuring compliance with mining laws, environmental and safety regulations, and issuing directives to workers to ensure adherence to applicable rules and regulations.
- Communicating routinely and effectively with the Superintendent and other supervisory personnel as required.
- In-field observation and recording of activities in relation to the relevant procedures.
- Direct liaison between the Senior KML officials and the Site Services, Site Maintenance Superintendent to ensure production goals are met.
- Prioritizing tasks and delegating workload to Site Services, Site Maintenance crew and monitoring progress.
- Directing priority for mobile equipment maintenance based on operational demands,
- Responsible for coordinating all mobile equipment needs and transfer of equipment.
- Maintaining daily, weekly and monthly records of production by writing weekly reports addressed to the Site Services Manager.
- Assessing and recording relevant in-field activities.
- Managing document and records control.
- Proactively confront others about safety and security violations.
- Site Services Staff Coaching.
- Performing other related duties that may be required.
- 10 years supervisory experience in Bulk Earthworks, Roads, Layerworks and Surfacing is required.
- Mining experience will be added advantage.
- Comfortable working with machines, and mechanically adept
- Knowledge of mining rules and regulations
- Proven track record of supervising and managing people.
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate or equivalent
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or any related field
- Driver’s License
- EIZ Certificate