Overall Job Purpose:
- This role is responsible for providing the highest quality services and that all services provided are performed within a safe and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give clear direction, control and supervise the mechanical supervisors to ensure safe and profitable work environment for all.
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety and the safety of your subordinates.
- Be accurate, methodical, and practical when giving guidance to mechanical supervisors and artisans.
- Ensure subordinates follow laid down policies and procedures as outlined by management.
- Enforce Compliance to work order attachments and documents such as JSA’s, Work Procedure’s, SWI’s, etc.
- Co-ordinate and ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified, managed and safe working environment is maintained
- Provide the superintendent with necessary feedback on the needs of employees and matters requiring management’s attention.
- Enforce good housekeeping practices are maintained by enforcing cleaning up before, during and after every task and not leaving any hazards within the workplace
- Provide the superintendent with practical suggestions and improvements for the section.
- Ensure that the subordinates receive all necessary training being offered by the companies training team and beyond.
- Coordinate with departmental team members, as well as other departmental members.
- Have the ability to plan and schedule a heavy workload, breakdowns and maintenance requirements. Also to arrange materials spares and manpower allocation in collaboration with the planning department.
- Possess high-level communications skills for all stakeholders.
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required which includes spares sourcing abilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Competencies:
- High coordination, control and direction skills including troubleshooting abilities
- Repair and maintenance supervision background, with preference given to direct mobile fleet experience.
- The ability to make informed decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude.
- Detail Orientation and attention.
- Good follow up skills to ensure jobs are done timeously.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Be active at continuous improvement of the assigned section.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- A minimum of a relevant Craft Certificate or its equivalent. Higher qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 10 years’ minimum experience in the mining industry or equivalent at a Supervisory level.
- Proven Knowledge and experience on Light and Medium vehicles, forklifts, cranes and generators.
- Repair and maintenance supervision background, with preference given to direct large fleet experience