To oversee mechanical maintenance/breakdowns of plant and machinery in the Leach, Neutralization and Trailing circuit section of the treatment or Backend.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Responsible for the supervision of maintenance operations for Leach, Neutralization, tailing lines, CCDs, Clarifiers and other Treatment plants units when on shift cover including HPL, Gravity concentrators, SX Plant, EW’s, Acid plant and Plant services.
- Ensuring the compliance of statutory inspections is done in a timely manner, internally and externally.
- Ensuring the integrity of the plant by managing the condition monitoring program effectively.
- Making sure plant availability of 95% is achieved cost effectively. This will involve active participation with defect elimination strategies and employee performance management, particularly with respect to empowerment, succession planning and accountability.
- Identify and implement training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an on-going basis, with a particular focus on developing the local Zambian based employees.
- Planning for jobs during shutdowns and optimise the plant equipment’s.
- Manage the human resources in a manner that will ensure that the business objectives are met with minimum labour turnover.
- Ensure that good work ethics is sustained by effectively managing discipline with reference to absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc. within the department.
- Make sure the work is done to the appropriate standard and according to Mining Regulation 207.
- Communicate with other sections/departments on all critical requirements to achieve set
- Maintain a high level safety standard in his section.
- Review the ordering of all mechanical spares procured with the objective of eliminating the risk of operational downtime in case of equipment/component failure.
- Manage and Monitor the planning and execution of the mechanical discipline for the routine planned maintenance shutdowns in the section.
- Make decisions related to his section and communicate properly to other sections and senior management.
- Being competent on computers and related software packages.
- Other Duties as Directed by the area Superintendent or Engineering Manager.
- Sound computer skills. MS word, Excel, Outlook express.
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical Fitting
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (preferred)
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
Experience in working on Fixed Plant machinery particularly on the units below:,
Blowers and compressors. Steel and HDPE pipe maintenance Acid Pumping Systems Positive and negative displacement Pumps. Pressure vessels Oxygen plant circuits SX Plants CCDs Thickeners. Hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Agitators and Gearboxes. Mechanical Seals. Understand rotatable spares system procedure.
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skills
- Driving Quantity
- Managing Attendance
- Very good communicator with strong skills/knowledge ability
- Computer Literacy
- Overtime and standby work when required
- Fluent in English
- Depth perception
- Fitting experience
- Scaffolding experience
- Hydraulics and pneumatics experience
- Proactive attitude towards the planned maintenance system
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.