Requisition Number: 502353
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Kalumbila (140km west of Solwezi)
Categories: Construction, Exploration, Mine Geology, Mining, Operations / General Management, Projects
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality.
- Report activities in accordance with key business indicators
- Provide relevant information to the Services Superintendent as will be required before business decisions are made.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations and valuation of work in progress.
- Provide advice to mining staff on operational requirements and implement time effective strategies to increase productivity
- Ensure correct layouts and planning for machine movements
- Maintain a disciplined and effective team
- Ensure legal requirements are conformed to
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12) Certificate
- An applicable Diploma/ Degree or similar will be beneficial to the incumbent
- Blasting licence
- First aid certificate
- An Appreciation of the Mining regulations through relevant courses
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role, preferably at Mine Captain level
- At least 3 years practical experience in the services department.
- Light vehicle license (up to 3 ton).
- Supervisory skills;
- Computer appreciation skills and ability to work with basic MS applications, and;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly responsive
Advertised: FLE Daylight Time
Applications close: FLE Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.first-quantum.com/cw/en/job/502353/coordinator-mine-services →