At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to the maintenance personnel and provide opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Address technical issues on the equipment and carry daily inspections to a high standard to ensure defects are identified prior to failure.
- Provide the resources and estimates needed to plan and schedule the defects into Pronto and make sure they are executed prior to failure.
- Assist in the on-going development and compliance of the departmental, particularly in his/her area of influence, as well as company objectives and strategic plans.
- Assist in the implementation and on-going use of Pronto Plant Maintenance to maximize accurate costing at the work order level; and
- Provide mentoring and coaching support to the Supervisors to ensure they understand shift priorities and can direct the team as needed.
- Ability to use Root- cause analysis tools in investigating breakdowns and sub-standard performance of equipment.
- Actively participate in all section activities which include toolbox meetings and shift handover communication to promote excellence in communications.
- Provide technical advice for existing equipment and Development projects.
- To assist in the implementation of the safety system and procedures required by the Zambian mines regulations and Act.
- Responsible for the administration, repair and Optimization of the Mine’s Private Radio Network.
- Oversee management of all Radio repeater stations on site – as well as installation, programming and repairing of all user equipment on site (FQMO mining division, Roads Division and part of Kansanshi-both on all mining and Personal equipment).
- Administration, repair and Optimization of the Mine’s Pit Rajant Mesh Network (Production Network.
- Ensure that all Repair and Installation of WENCO fleet management system on all Mining Hauling Machines are done on time.
- Responsible for administration, installation and repair of Driver Safety System (DSS) on all Mining hauling machines.
- Responsible for administration and repair of Avigilon CCTV systems around the Mine Site.
- In charge of repair and installation of Brigade systems on all Mining haul trucks.
- Supervise personnel under the Mining Technology Section.
- Developing SOP’s for the section.
- Perform any other duties as required by Management.
- Minimum of a grade twelve (Grade 12) School Certificate
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering/ Computer Science/ ICT or Equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role in mining environment
To apply for this job please visit firstquantumcareers.com.